does any body beleive this ?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why is Congress such a living hell?

People in public life should take stuff back more often, apologize more, and correct course more—now that would be making a real statement, maybe even be a breath of fresh air for the public. But he would just be screwing himself, he goes on, because those guys at Heritage Action or Club for Growth or Americans for Prosperity or some other godd**n group with an Orwellian name that thrives off of division and exists to create conflict might primary him, drop $3 million on his head, and he would be dead. And the way his district is drawn, you can’t ever be conservative enough. He could get up at one of his town halls and say that the president is a transvestite Muslim from Mars and get a standing ovation. He wants to do the right thing and make a public stand for greater decency and civility in public life. But he can’t.

Got that? His district is drawn so conservative that he can’t be the soft-spoken, loving, caring Republican he really is. The hicks and rubes who elected him are bigots who hate the President, so he has to pretend to be publicly.

And if he doesn’t actually operate the way he claimed he was, those damn conservative groups will tell on him.

That’s the gist of the entire article. It is wonderful. It is another reason you should support Heritage Action, Club For Growth, Freedom Works, and other good groups holding the GOP accountable.

The article is an admission that members of congress lie to voters who they actually hold in great contempt. They want to go to Washington not to get it out of our lives, but to make it work as they see fit. And they resent like hell the accountability foisted on them by outside groups.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Why, yes. I belIEve it. There are panty-waist members of Congress who are too namby pamby to realize why the Congress is so divided and cannot publicly reach across the aisle and cooperate with the more Conservative members. The Donk leadership has many on such a tight leash, it's a Pelosi-sin to smile at any Republican who isn't a weak-livered quasi-Donk. You didn't happen to read the actual Esquire article did you?

FollowTheMoney

I believe .... We haven't had true "the people" representation for quite a while now, at least not in my lifetime. If your last name doesn't end with, Inc, Corp, or LLC and maybe also PAC, you are a nobody, (and only tolerated to the extent needed to get your ignorant, uneducated, government teet suckling, ass to the polls), to those elected to represent.

tommyjo

Why is Congress such a living hell?

People in public life should take stuff back more often, apologize more, and correct course more—now that would be making a real statement, maybe even be a breath of fresh air for the public. But he would just be screwing himself, he goes on, because those guys at Heritage Action or Club for Growth or Americans for Prosperity or some other godd**n group with an Orwellian name that thrives off of division and exists to create conflict might primary him, drop $3 million on his head, and he would be dead. And the way his district is drawn, you can’t ever be conservative enough. He could get up at one of his town halls and say that the president is a transvestite Muslim from Mars and get a standing ovation. He wants to do the right thing and make a public stand for greater decency and civility in public life. But he can’t.

Got that? His district is drawn so conservative that he can’t be the soft-spoken, loving, caring Republican he really is. The hicks and rubes who elected him are bigots who hate the President, so he has to pretend to be publicly.

And if he doesn’t actually operate the way he claimed he was, those damn conservative groups will tell on him.

That’s the gist of the entire article. It is wonderful. It is another reason you should support Heritage Action, Club For Growth, Freedom Works, and other good groups holding the GOP accountable.

The article is an admission that members of congress lie to voters who they actually hold in great contempt. They want to go to Washington not to get it out of our lives, but to make it work as they see fit. And they resent like hell the accountability foisted on them by outside groups.

It is people like you, those like you on this site, the groups you mentioned, and the asinine sources you quote every damn day that have put this country in the position it is in.

Most of the commentary you post is politically motivated fringe garbage. Half truths, innuendo and outright lies are the staple of the sources you use most often. You and your sources NEVER look at any other opinion and rarely offer any solutions. All you do is bitch and moan just like all the other pavlovian sheep dogs on the far right and those on the far left.

As another poster asked...did you bother to read the source article before you spouted off? (No is the likely answer) Here are a couple of pieces from the source article:

"When you have these one-party districts, the only election is in the primary, and the winner of the primary will be the one who is closer to the views of the narrowest base," says Angus King, Independent senator from Maine. "You can't be moderate. Who votes in primaries? You have a 10 percent turnout in a primary election in Georgia, and Republicans are 30 percent of the population. So 10 percent of 30 percent—that's 3 percent of the population voting to choose the nominee, and then if it's a multiperson race, and the winner gets 35 percent, that's one third of 3 percent—1 percent of the population chooses the nominee, who in a gerrymandered district will be the eventual member of Congress. That is bizarre, and it has completely polarized Congress. In the primary system that we have now, there is no upside for a Republican to be reasonable. I have a friend who is a very conservative senator, and he faced a primary this year, and I said, 'Good Lord, man, what are they gonna charge you with?' And he said: 'Being reasonable.' "

"Our Venn diagram," says Derek Kilmer, Democrat of Washington State, "is two circles, miles apart. Just after we got here, a group of us, Democrats and Republicans, were at a burger joint talking, and after about forty-five minutes, I said, 'We have to be able to get our act together and figure some of these things out. And across the table, one of my colleagues said, 'Derek, I like you, but you have to understand that I won my seat by defeating a Republican incumbent in my primary, and I campaigned against him for not being conservative enough. The first vote I cast when I got here was against John Boehner for Speaker, and I put out a press release that I had voted against him because he was too compromising. I like you, but I have zero interest in compromising with you or anybody else. My constituents didn't send me here to work with you; they sent me here to stop you.' I left there and called my wife and said, 'Oh, my God!' "

These people who represent YOU and the rest of the far right, far left moron crews...don't represent the rest of us. The rest of us WANT things to get done. We WANT Social Security and Medicare fixed, we WANT the tax system fixed, we WANT the infrastructure repaired and modernized, damnit we WANT people to get back to work and for this economy to start humming again!

We understand none of this will get done without compromise. Intelligent people understand they will never get everything they want.

You, Hijinx Mamatutu, Gilligan et al only want to stop anything from getting done because you think compromise is evil...because you read some garbage on Red State, Brietbart or Zero Hedge and think its true!.

So you go ahead and support your fringe groups. Just quit complaining about nothing getting done. Quit your bitching because you and those like you are the root cause of our problems.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
It is people like you, those like you on this site, the groups you mentioned, and the asinine sources you quote every damn day that have put this country in the position it is in.

Most of the commentary you post is politically motivated fringe garbage. Half truths, innuendo and outright lies are the staple of the sources you use most often. You and your sources NEVER look at any other opinion and rarely offer any solutions. All you do is bitch and moan just like all the other pavlovian sheep dogs on the far right and those on the far left.

As another poster asked...did you bother to read the source article before you spouted off? (No is the likely answer) Here are a couple of pieces from the source article:

These people who represent YOU and the rest of the far right, far left moron crews...don't represent the rest of us. The rest of us WANT things to get done. We WANT Social Security and Medicare fixed, we WANT the tax system fixed, we WANT the infrastructure repaired and modernized, damnit we WANT people to get back to work and for this economy to start humming again!

We understand none of this will get done without compromise. Intelligent people understand they will never get everything they want.

You, Hijinx Mamatutu, Gilligan et al only want to stop anything from getting done because you think compromise is evil...because you read some garbage on Red State, Brietbart or Zero Hedge and think its true!.

So you go ahead and support your fringe groups. Just quit complaining about nothing getting done. Quit your bitching because you and those like you are the root cause of our problems.

You do realize that it’s the democrats that aren’t compromising and that the republicans have offered solutions and have passed over 350 bills to fix a lot of the problems. Too bad the democrats in the Senate (Harry Reid) are sitting on those bills and will not let them come up for a vote.

The only ones to blame for the way things are is the democrats, they have been in charge for 8 years (last two years of Bush’s presidency) and have directly contributed to the state we are in.

Your post shows how ill-informed you are and believe everything the liberal media has been feeding you, you might want to look at all those fringe right wing websites, the best way to see the truth is to look at your opponents info for you same side is not going to report the bad, only the good.

mamatutu

mama to two

I don't read those websites you mentioned. I don't think compromise is evil. I have been holding my breath to see some. I am not part of a fringe group. I am an American that has concern about the direction of our country. I am not the root of the problem. Our government that we elect in trust is the problem. They lie, deceive, and laugh in our face. As far as bitching, you do enough of that for all of us. What garbage do you read that compels you to stick your head in the sand? I am glad to see you survived jumping of 'that' cliff. Oh, and thanks for letting me know that what I say has an impact on you! I am flattered.:smile:

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
You do realize that it’s the democrats that aren’t compromising and that the republicans have offered solutions and have passed over 350 bills to fix a lot of the problems. Too bad the democrats in the Senate (Harry Reid) are sitting on those bills and will not let them come up for a vote.

The only ones to blame for the way things are is the democrats, they have been in charge for 8 years (last two years of Bush’s presidency) and have directly contributed to the state we are in.

Your post shows how ill-informed you are and believe everything the liberal media has been feeding you, you might want to look at all those fringe right wing websites, the best way to see the truth is to look at your opponents info for you same side is not going to report the bad, only the good.

:like: