2014 Synod

Bavarian

Too dangerous to discuss here. Too many anti-Catholics who will pounce on any word as something else.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Too dangerous to discuss here. Too many anti-Catholics who will pounce on any word as something else.

Examples? Or just another voice from the bushes?:whistle:

Paranoid much in the center of US catholicism? Problems with your leading fathers?

Zguy28

OH please. It doesn't really say much in the article, but my takeaway is "We need to listen more carefully to families".

b23hqb

PREMO Member
What I took from reading the final report was that not much, if anything will change for now, except that the acceptance of homosexuality and same sex marriage within the church seems to have gained a few more votes toward the super majority status.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
What I took from reading the final report was that not much, if anything will change for now, except that the acceptance of homosexuality and same sex marriage within the church seems to have gained a few more votes toward the super majority status.

Does your place of worship not "accept" homosexuals? Being completely honest, do you believe that Rome will ever sign off in ssm?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Does your place of worship not "accept" homosexuals? Being completely honest, do you believe that Rome will ever sign off in ssm?

We accept homosexuality as it is. If a person is practicing homosexuality actively, we will guide them to the scriptures on the topic, and kindly tell them we cannot accept the practice inside of our assemblies simply because the Bible condemns the practice. Word of God first, actions of man not so. I would have to take the rcc stance on "homosexual orientation or tendencies" to mean practicing such a lifestyle.

As far as your "ssm" what do you think? Looking at the voting numbers on that topic, gains were made in the vote count from the previous synod towards acceptance. What do you think your church will do if that vote ever reaches the super majority magic #? It only failed by 5 votes this time. By next year, there could well be five more "enlightened" ones to change the vote to the Super majority. Then what? Your church heads overruling the will of the voters?

A very slippery slope, and getting steeper.