Ideas for a 2 year olds Birthday Party Location

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Well it is time to start planning for my little girls second birthday. Her day is December 2nd, I was planning/expecting the usual of family and friends at home with food, cake, and presents. Last night mommy threw the curveball at me suggesting that we do the party at some other location. She mentioned some kind of dance studio in Waldorf that does a party with fitness based activities. I am not against such but I think that for a group of 1-3 year olds it might not be the best idea as they have a short attention span for organized activities like this. I am not a fan of the Chuckie Cheese, but I did suggest the Jump Room. Does anyone have any kid centered places to go or ideas for such an event? TIA for any suggestions.

Well it is time to start planning for my little girls second birthday. Her day is December 2nd, I was planning/expecting the usual of family and friends at home with food, cake, and presents. Last night mommy threw the curveball at me suggesting that we do the party at some other location. She mentioned some kind of dance studio in Waldorf that does a party with fitness based activities. I am not against such but I think that for a group of 1-3 year olds it might not be the best idea as they have a short attention span for organized activities like this. I am not a fan of the Chuckie Cheese, but I did suggest the Jump Room. Does anyone have any kid centered places to go or ideas for such an event? TIA for any suggestions.
How many kids will you be hosting at this party?

pebbles

Not much to choose from in my opinion. My son's bday is in December as well. We did his 2nd bday at McDonald's in Leonardtown with the play area. 3rd, 4th & 5th were at the Jump Yard (his choice) & last year was the dreaded Chuck E. Cheese. Word is still out on where it will be this year, he's mentioned skating, bowling & the pool so far.....

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Not much to choose from in my opinion. My son's bday is in December as well. We did his 2nd bday at McDonald's in Leonardtown with the play area. 3rd, 4th & 5th were at the Jump Yard (his choice) & last year was the dreaded Chuck E. Cheese. Word is still out on where it will be this year, he's mentioned skating, bowling & the pool so far.....

Well, Chik-Fil-A does have a nice play place now that you reminded me of by mentioning McD's. At least your son is a few years older, I am stumped by this one as I know that the kids (and the parents) are not ready for roller rinks or bowling alleys yet.

Well, Chik-Fil-A does have a nice play place now that you reminded me of by mentioning McD's. At least your son is a few years older, I am stumped by this one as I know that the kids (and the parents) are not ready for roller rinks or bowling alleys yet.
IMO, the Chik-Fil-A funhouse is perfect for your target age group. It would even still be entertaining if you had a couple slightly older kids show up. The food, enterainment and time limits offered make it ideal... add to that no need to do any whirlwind cleaning, childproofing and set-up at home.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
I will make the suggestion later today. Hopefully it will receive a better reaction than what I am envisioning already.

I will make the suggestion later today. Hopefully it will receive a better reaction than what I am envisioning already.
Well, I think you can bring the following to the table and hopefully it will help:

1) 2 year old will not have any longterm memory of the event.
2) Chik-Fil-A is nice enough looking place so that any pictures will surely be scrapbook quality.
3) Save the "more advanced" parties for age appropriate birthdays.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well, I think you can bring the following to the table and hopefully it will help:

1) 2 year old will not have any longterm memory of the event.
2) Chik-Fil-A is nice enough looking place so that any pictures will surely be scrapbook quality.
3) Save the "more advanced" parties for age appropriate birthdays.

:yeahthat:

That many 1-3 year olds will be a handful - keep it simple!!

TGB

Victorian candle bed and breakfast has a party room that she rents out. Not sure about the cost.
25065 Peregrine Way, Hollywood, MD 20636
(301) 373-8800.

Makavide

Not too talkative

figure up the cost to have it at chuckie cheese with themed cake from the bakery, pizza, party supplies, tokens, etc.

then - figure up the cost to have it at your house (homemade cake, walmart party supplies/games, etc)

then - have it at your house and put the price difference into a college fund.....

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
figure up the cost to have it at chuckie cheese with themed cake from the bakery, pizza, party supplies, tokens, etc.

then - figure up the cost to have it at your house (homemade cake, walmart party supplies/games, etc)

then - have it at your house and put the price difference into a college fund.....

Trust me I was on the page of buying decorations, a cake, and having this party at home. Apparently I am not on the same page as mommy, mommy says to do it elsewhere as "the house is not really set up for so many people" I can see her point and I know that this is not a moment for an argument, this is a moment for me to say "Yes, Dear" and be as supportive and helpful that I can be with her decision. My vote is with the Jump Yard. As for funding the kids college, I will be selling off my 55 Chevy 210 and my 85 M1009 in the very near future to make room for kids toys and save me from spending money on my habits while affording the kids and mommy's plans for birthdays.:ohwell:

pebbles

Yeah I get that. Was just stating we did Jump Yard for 3 years in a row at his request, would probably be great for 2 year old. I feel there just aren't many inexpensive options in our area.

But for future years.....I just found out that Hollywood Rec center does parties, we are going to one this weekend. I'll try to remember to report back.
Good Luck!

pebbles

Yeah I get that. Was just stating we did Jump Yard for 3 years in a row at his request, would probably be great for 2 year old. I feel there just aren't many inexpensive options in our area.

But for future years.....I just found out that Hollywood Rec center does parties, we are going to one this weekend. I'll try to remember to report back.
Good Luck!

I just remembered to report back. The Rec center was pretty good for older kids. They made super hero masks, played a little dodge ball, made some kind of pudding dessert, ate pizza, did cake etc. Not sure if they do something geared to younger kids or not but wouldn't hurt to check. Kids all seemed to enjoy it.