I guess this isn't really surprising ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Liberals Most Likely to Defriend You on Facebook — and in Real Life

If you’ve sensed over the years that your liberal friends are “unfriending” you on Facebook, you might be right.

A new Pew Research study concludes that “consistent liberals” are the most likely ideological group in America to block or defriend someone else because they disagree with that person’s politics.

“Roughly four-in-10 consistent liberals on Facebook have blocked or defriended someone because they disagreed with something that person posted about politics,” write the authors of the study, titled “Political Polarization and Media Habits.”

“This compares with 31 percent of consistent conservatives and just 26 percent of all Facebook users who have done the same,” they add.

The analysis, released yesterday, is part of Pew’s yearlong effort to explain political polarization in America.

The study also finds that liberals are the most likely ideological group to end a personal friendship because of politics.

“Roughly a quarter (24 percent) have done so, compared with 16 percent of consistent conservatives and around 10 percent of those with more mixed political views,” authors Amy Mitchell, Jeffrey Gottfried, Jocelyn Kiley and Katerina Eva Matsa write.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is my experience with FB friends, that the libs will unfriend you if you post something even mildly anti-Democrat. It's like they're some weird cult.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is my experience with FB friends, that the libs will unfriend you if you post something even mildly anti-Democrat. It's like they're some weird cult.

a woman I knew in high school,
20 yr employee of the Portmouth Va Police Dept.

- her goal in life, retire and open a book store / coffee shop on Oregon [that should tell you something]

unfriended me over a discussion about firearms .... she blamed the gun, wanted guns banned ... this and that
I simply pointed out, guns, they don't fire themselves .....

Poof .... gone

I think she left Facebook altogether :lol:

:confused:

I had to ask a mutual friend if she was even still on line .....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I got unfriended by a woman I went to high school with - we organized our 30 year reunion together - because I posted this on my FB:

Romney.jpg

:jet:

ginwoman

I've unfriended a few lib's because it makes me crazy to read the liberal crap they spewed. They were in-law family members and I wanted to remain friendly at family functions......worked for me

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've unfriended a few lib's because it makes me crazy to read the liberal crap they spewed. They were in-law family members and I wanted to remain friendly at family functions......worked for me

I don't unfriend my crazy lib friends, I just hide them from my feed so I don't have to see their ravings unless I actually go look.