24th of OCT - Arkie - yeah so I'm a REAL So.MD born baby ...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Many years ago on the 24th of October, I was born (kicking and screaming I'm sure) in the hospital at Pax River. My Father was in the Navy, and we lived in a trailer in Lexington Park (yeah, enlisted). My parents were originally both from PA. My Father, a smoker who smoked much of his life (quit for about 10 years), died in 2006 from Lung Cancer (no surprise there). My Father was very similar in personality to George Carlin. *I quit smoking back in 1999. I miss him SO MUCH!

I started this thread so that it can not be deleted unless I choose to do so :smile:. I fully believe that my Father pushed me (in spirit) to get rid of the bad crap in my life he heard me complain about so often, and find the strength to go forward and follow my dreams of continuing critter rescue. I have, and I know he is with me as I struggle financially to help as many critters as I can.

Happy Birthday to you ... I hear my Father saying that :bawl:

TPD

the poor dad
Many years ago on the 24th of October, I was born (kicking and screaming I'm sure) in the hospital at Pax River. My Father was in the Navy, and we lived in a trailer in Lexington Park

if you were born on a base in germany, you are NOT a German citizen, so not sure you are a true southern Marylander....just sayin...now living in a trailer? Yeah that may make you a southin merlander!

GregV814

well, hold on a minute...If you claim you were born in Hawaii and raised in Indonesia and claimed to be a Native Kenyan, can you be a Muslim homosexual President of the United States????

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Many years ago on the 24th of October, I was born (kicking and screaming I'm sure) in the hospital at Pax River. My Father was in the Navy, and we lived in a trailer in Lexington Park (yeah, enlisted). My parents were originally both from PA. My Father, a smoker who smoked much of his life (quit for about 10 years), died in 2006 from Lung Cancer (no surprise there). My Father was very similar in personality to George Carlin. *I quit smoking back in 1999. I miss him SO MUCH!

I started this thread so that it can not be deleted unless I choose to do so :smile:. I fully believe that my Father pushed me (in spirit) to get rid of the bad crap in my life he heard me complain about so often, and find the strength to go forward and follow my dreams of continuing critter rescue. I have, and I know he is with me as I struggle financially to help as many critters as I can.

What a coinkydink! My dad was in the Navy at Pax River and WE lived in a trailer park in Lexington Park, too! In fact, it was where the old KMart was in Millison Plaza. (before it moved to the newer location up in California, MD)

BOP

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
thanks everyone - I was up to my ears in obligations from Friday-Sunday, so I am just getting back to this thread ...... I am so tired.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
let me just say this, I was born in So.MD and my Dad was transferred to Newfoundland and TX and we came back to my birthplace, and I have lived here ever since, so I AM a real So.MD baby. If someone can come across our border and have a baby, then that baby gets financial support for being born here? Then I am a REAL So.MD baby, case closed LOL :smile:.

acommondisaster

My youngest was born at Pax, back when it was a sleepy little base and the hospital had 2 wings. We've lived in Chuck Co all of his life - does that make him a southern Marylander?

Happy birthday, Arkie!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My youngest was born at Pax, back when it was a sleepy little base and the hospital had 2 wings. We've lived in Chuck Co all of his life - does that make him a southern Marylander?

Happy birthday, Arkie!

YUP - the parents don't have to be from So.MD .... I have a hospital birth certificate from Pax :smile: and it's OLD LOL

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
YUP - the parents don't have to be from So.MD .... I have a hospital birth certificate from Pax :smile: and it's OLD LOL

I was born in st marys, my dad was born in st marys, my mom was born in Rhode island then moved to Deal, MD at the age of 3 (her dad was navy). My grandma (Dads mom) was born here. My grandpa was born in Bluefield,WVA and moved here (Air force). im such a smib....

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I was born in st marys, my dad was born in st marys, my mom was born in road island then moved to Deal, MD at the age of 3 (her dad was navy). My grandma (Dads mom) was born here. My grandpa was born in Bluefield,WVA and moved here (Air force). im such a smib....

YUP you're family too ......

I can not believe I sat here at work and ate about 5 "fun size" Milky Way bars for breakfast! Go away Halloween!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was born in st marys, my dad was born in st marys, my mom was born in road island then moved to Deal, MD at the age of 3 (her dad was navy). My grandma (Dads mom) was born here. My grandpa was born in Bluefield,WVA and moved here (Air force). im such a smib....

:coffee: