Man attacks New York police officers with a hatchet

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The suspect who attacked four New York police officers with a hatchet on Thursday is Zale H. Thompson, a law enforcement official said. Thompson -- who left one of the officers in critical condition and died after being shot by police -- had a criminal record in California and had been discharged from the Navy for misconduct, according to the source.

[Previous story, posted at 8:15 p.m. ET]

A man charged at four New York police officers Thursday afternoon, metal hatchet in hand, hitting one officer in the right arm and another in the head, the city's police commissioner said.

The two officers who weren't struck shot and killed the suspect, who has not been identified by name and is believed to be about 32 years old, according to police Commissioner Bill Bratton.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/23/us/new-york-police-attacked/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Interested to see what comes of this. Just a nutter or something else?

mamatutu

mama to two
The hatchet as a weapon seems to be linking to recent news; beheadings. But, who knows. Probably a nutter. Who attacks armed officers with a machete. Death wish? At least, this incident can't be used to argue more gun control. I hope the officers will be ok, and I hope it stays in the news so we can find out what was behind the attack. It is hard to keep up, anymore.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Hannity just had an alert on this saying the police are looking into this as a possible terror attack.

mamatutu

mama to two
Hannity just had an alert on this saying the police are looking into this as a possible terror attack.

I would not be surprised. It seems that ISIS is the star of the day for people that have no path, or purpose. I missed Hannity because my husband changes the channel after 7pm. He says he can't hear the same thing over and over on every show. Which is true. But, there is always breaking news. I miss Greta, O'Reilly, Megan, and Hannity. Just kidding. :lol: We will hear it all again tomorrow. I have to say that I am a news junkie in my old age; I used to not care. But, in defense of my statement, in my lifetime I never remember the World being this out of whack.

Last edited:

tommyjo

I would not be surprised. It seems that ISIS is the star of the day for people that have no path, or purpose. I missed Hannity because my husband changes the channel after 7pm. He says he can't hear the same thing over and over on every show. Which is true. But, there is always breaking news. I miss Greta, O'Reilly, Megan, and Hannity. Just kidding. :lol: We will hear it all again tomorrow. I have to say that I am a news junkie in my old age; I used to not care. But, in defense of my statement, in my lifetime I never remember the World being this out of whack.

Every time you post, my brain hurts.

SO you missed Hannity's fear mongering...shouldn't that make you happy? I mean just a week ago you were complaining about all the fear mongering weren't you? You only get your "news" from Fox and yet you complain about fear mongering and are surprised the world "is out of whack".

BTW if you never paid attention to anything before, how do you know the world is any more out of whack than before?

Maybe you should read some history books? Maybe you should have paid attention in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s...in other words maybe you should have paid attention at some point during your intellectually vapid life.

BOP

SO you missed Hannity's fear mongering...shouldn't that make you happy? I mean just a week ago you were complaining about all the fear mongering weren't you? You only get your "news" from Fox and yet you complain about fear mongering and are surprised the world "is out of whack".

BTW if you never paid attention to anything before, how do you know the world is any more out of whack than before?

Maybe you should read some history books? Maybe you should have paid attention in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s...in other words maybe you should have paid attention at some point during your intellectually vapid life.

If stupid should hurt, you're probably in constant pain.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Attachments

• Thompson.jpg
    Thompson.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 89

Hijinx

The New York police saved us the cost of a trial which would have placed this killer in jail and given him 3 hots and a cot and the best of medical care for the rest of his life.
,While he converted other crazed criminals to his Islam.

mamatutu

mama to two

Maybe you shouldn't read my posts if it makes your brain hurt. Give it a rest. No matter how many times you take your frustrations out on me, I will not stop expressing my opinion. Carry on, or not.

Midnightrider

I'd say a case could be made for all three at the same time, the cops were at their workplace, he thought he was performing jihad and that pretty much confirms he's a basket case.

I am glad there are a few others who can see that Islam is likely just an excuse for crazy with these guys.