Shoe repair?

Bambesi

Any shoe repair places (preferably one that doesn't have to send shoes off somewhere) in Calvert or St. Mary's? Thanks!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Any shoe repair places (preferably one that doesn't have to send shoes off somewhere) in Calvert or St. Mary's? Thanks!

I believe there's a couple dry cleaners places around here that do shoe repair, maybe others can chime in but I've always taken mine to Waldorf Shoe Repair. It's right off 301 in this tiny strip next to the Taco Bell as you're heading to Brandywine. Run by a real nice couple. They do awesome work, charge fair prices and are very quick. It's the only "just shoe repair" place around here that I've found.

http://waldorf-shoe-repair.com/

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Do people pay to have shoes repaired anymore?

Are they $500 shoes?

Yes, people do pay to have shoes repaired. Considering how hard it is to find comfortable shoes, when you find a pair, you want them to last as long as possible. The amount of money you spend on the shoes isn't really considered, if it's a good quality in the first place.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Do people pay to have shoes repaired anymore?

Are they $500 shoes?

No :shrug: I've taken them super cheap-o shoes from Forever 21 and some pretty expensive shoes ($100-150) for minor repairs from wear-and-tear. They've fix them all for me. If I have a pair of expensive shoes that still have some life in them but need the sole reattached in some places, or the suede needs some heavy-duty cleaning, or the heel needs to be re-inforced, I'd rather pay $20-30 to fix it instead of buy a new expensive pair.

Stew

I've always taken mine to Waldorf Shoe Repair. It's right off 301 in this tiny strip next to the Taco Bell as you're heading to Brandywine. Run by a real nice couple. They do awesome work, charge fair prices and are very quick. It's the only "just shoe repair" place around here that I've found.

http://waldorf-shoe-repair.com/

I've had much different experiences at that place... they were very slow and did shotty work!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I've had much different experiences at that place... they were very slow and did shotty work!

I think most shoe repair businesses are kind of hit and miss. We live in such a disposable world, that it's a fading industry.

Stew

I think most shoe repair businesses are kind of hit and miss. We live in such a disposable world, that it's a fading industry.

True. That place also does luggage repair. Couple of years ago, zipper on my suitcase broke and I took it there for repair. Took them almost 2 weeks. Used it on flight later and when I went to pick up my luggage from baggage claim, the zipper they "fixed" had broken and the contents of my luggage was coming out!

BernieP

Resident PIA
I don't know about the northern end of St. Mary's but the only shoe repair shop WAS (past tense) in Leonardtown. I believe they have long since closed.
There are two places that I know of that send shoes out. The last repair job I had done was probably the last based on cost and the time (they were sent out).
The cost was probably more than what I paid for the shoes, if not more, damn close. I decided I would save the gas and just watch the sales - coupons and sales (Belk, JCP, ...)

Popster

There was a great shoe repair shop in Leonardtown. You drove down the alley and there was a "drive in window" to drop off and pick up your shoes. The man running the shop only had one arm! I was always amazed that he would attach a tag to your shoes with a big safety pin that he pushed through the leather one-handed!

BernieP

Resident PIA
There was a great shoe repair shop in Leonardtown. You drove down the alley and there was a "drive in window" to drop off and pick up your shoes. The man running the shop only had one arm! I was always amazed that he would attach a tag to your shoes with a big safety pin that he pushed through the leather one-handed!

Don't recall the drive thru window, but he was a really nice man, excellent work. A real craftsman.