More of the war on women

PsyOps

Pixelated
Manhattan. One of our bastions of liberalism. And you thought it was conservatives that are waging the war on women.

[video=youtube;b1XGPvbWn0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A[/video]

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I HATE THIS VIDEO and the mass hysteria and femnazi response.

If you think that people telling you that you look nice and to have a nice day is assualt..thats just pathetic. The only one crossing the line is the guy who followed her for 5 min. Ive had that happen to me before and I walked into a nearby shop and he walked on. I also rode the great mills loop on the STS bus several times to avoid a man who seemed intent on getting off wherever I did. I waited him out. Its not that fun. But to call it harassment and assualt borders on insanity.

THIS is why women are not taken seriously and why we will never be considered "equal" in business or on the streets... Women who want to make sure that every interaction we have with men is regulated to the point where everything will need to be scripted. Even down to consent for sexual activity..because obviously women are too weak and too stupid to stand up for themselves, consent to anything without coercion or GOD FORBID have someone say have a nice day without dissolving into hysteria and tears.

If you think that people telling you that you look nice and to have a nice day is assualt..thats just pathetic. The only one crossing the line is the guy who followed her for 5 min. Ive had that happen to me before and I walked into a nearby shop and he walked on. I also rode the great mills loop on the STS bus several times to avoid a man who seemed intent on getting off wherever I did. I waited him out. Its not that fun. But to call it harassment and assualt borders on insanity.

THIS is why women are not taken seriously and why we will never be considered "equal" in business or on the streets... Women who want to make sure that every interaction we have with men is regulated to the point where everything will need to be scripted. Even down to consent for sexual activity..because obviously women are too weak and too stupid to stand up for themselves, consent to anything without coercion or GOD FORBID have someone say have a nice day without dissolving into hysteria and tears.

Well said. I completely agree. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I have nothing to add to this post. :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Well, there are two sides to this thinking. I didn’t find most of what was said to this woman offensive, but it’s the reference that counts. If that had been <pick whatever good-looking guy you can think of> walking down that street, those (and I use the term loosely) men wouldn’t have paid him any mind. It’s because it was a good-looking (that’s a matter of opinion) woman that these men even felt compelled to say anything at all.

The bigger point I’m making is the left is on constant attack against conservatives as being in this war against women. Well, this sort of dashing that theory to the dirt. I bet if any of these were to even identify themselves politically, they’d be liberal. And it brings up another point. This was purposely done on these streets because they know this is the kind of treatment they would get. Pick any ‘red’ town/city and make that same walk and I bet you get a starkly different reaction from the men.

This is the typical liberal/Kennedy/Clinton mentality towards women – they are objects to hoot and holler at. And yet the message from the left will be: Conservatives are misogynists; here’s the proof. And people out there will go “Yeah, those hateful conservatives”.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One of the most scathing book reviews of the year reveals some incredibly disturbing things about an HBO star

“[A]nything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying.”

The opening paragraph of Williamson’s scathing piece reveals all you need to know to get a sense as to his impression of Dunham:

Here is a list of things in Lena Dunham’s life that do not strike Lena Dunham as being unusual: growing up in a $6.25 million Tribeca apartment; attending a selection of elite private schools; renting a home in Hollywood Hills well before having anything quite resembling a job and complaining that the home is insufficiently “chic”; the habitual education of the men in her family at Andover; the services of a string of foreign nannies; being referred to a homework therapist when she refused to do her homework and being referred to a relationship therapist when she fought with her mother; constant visits to homeopathic doctors, and visits to child psychologists three times a week; having a summer home on a lake in Connecticut, and complaining about it; writing a “voice of her generation” memoir in which ordinary life events among members of her generation, such as making student-loan payments or worrying about the rent or health insurance, never come up; making casual trips to Malibu; her grandparents’ having taken seven-week trips to Europe during her mother’s childhood; spending a summer at a camp at which the costs can total almost as much as the median American family’s annual rent; being histrionically miserable at said camp and demanding to be brought home early; demanding to be sent back to the same expensive camp the next year.

When Dunham’s character on “Girls” Hannah Horvath calls herself “the voice of my generation,” “Or a voice of a generation,” Williamson takes her at her word, writing:

Lena Dunham may truly be the voice of her generation: The enormous affluence and indulgence of her upbringing did not sate her sundry hungers — for adoration, for intellectual respect that she has not earned, for the unsurpassable delight of moral preening — but instead amplified and intensified her sense of entitlement.

neither of my 2 oldest children, knows anyone that grew up in 6 and a quarter million dollar apt.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Liberals treat women like infants because liberal women ARE infants. They pule and bawl over everything on earth. They need someone to hold their hand with everything from raising their children to feeding themselves. They can't even freaking have sex without government oversight.

Midnightrider

Well, there are two sides to this thinking. I didn’t find most of what was said to this woman offensive, but it’s the reference that counts. If that had been <pick whatever good-looking guy you can think of> walking down that street, those (and I use the term loosely) men wouldn’t have paid him any mind. It’s because it was a good-looking (that’s a matter of opinion) woman that these men even felt compelled to say anything at all.

The bigger point I’m making is the left is on constant attack against conservatives as being in this war against women. Well, this sort of dashing that theory to the dirt. I bet if any of these were to even identify themselves politically, they’d be liberal. And it brings up another point. This was purposely done on these streets because they know this is the kind of treatment they would get. Pick any ‘red’ town/city and make that same walk and I bet you get a starkly different reaction from the men.

This is the typical liberal/Kennedy/Clinton mentality towards women – they are objects to hoot and holler at. And yet the message from the left will be: Conservatives are misogynists; here’s the proof. And people out there will go “Yeah, those hateful conservatives”.
I don't see how that video dashes anything. More than half of the guys can't be seen and the video clearly says that comments came from men of all backgrounds.

I'd like to see he results of your proposed 'red city' experiment. I doubt the results would be much different.

acommondisaster

I'd like to know a couple of things. Was the camera hidden or out in the open? If not hidden, then I'd suspect that a lot of people were responding as much to the camera as they were to her. Anyone ever walked down the streets in NYC? You'll get merchandise hawkers calling out to you all of the time - trying to get you to turn your head and see what they have. Once they have your attention, it's half the battle.

"THIS is why women are not taken seriously and why we will never be considered "equal" in business or on the streets... Women who want to make sure that every interaction we have with men is regulated to the point where everything will need to be scripted. Even down to consent for sexual activity..because obviously women are too weak and too stupid to stand up for themselves, consent to anything without coercion or GOD FORBID have someone say have a nice day without dissolving into hysteria and tears." Agree 100 %.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Maybe you can point out where the people in the video identified their political affiliation. Or maybe just point out who was making half the comments....

Given that Manhattan is predominately liberal IT'S MY CONTENTION that the people 'complimenting' this woman are going to be predominately liberal. I don't have to point out anything since it's my opinion based on certain demographical facts. You don't have to accept my opinion, and based on your track record, I don't expect you to.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'd like to know a couple of things. Was the camera hidden or out in the open? If not hidden, then I'd suspect that a lot of people were responding as much to the camera as they were to her.

In the beginning of the video it shows the woman placing, what looks like, a scarf or something over the camera as to hide it. I'm assuming this is on a person walking in front of her. So I'd say it's hidden.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Given that Manhattan is predominately liberal IT'S MY CONTENTION that the people 'complimenting' this woman are going to be predominately liberal.

Maybe you should define what you mean by liberal then. I recognize it was a healthy dose of 'liberalism' that formed this country, gave us the Declaration and Constitution, etc. So I find it enigmatic when people use 'liberal' as a pejorative, which seems to be the pervasive meaning today. Personally I think you mean 'progressive', but I won't put words in your mouth. Maybe some think 'liberal' and 'progressive' are the same thing, but I do not.

Midnightrider

Given that Manhattan is predominately liberal IT'S MY CONTENTION that the people 'complimenting' this woman are going to be predominately liberal. I don't have to point out anything since it's my opinion based on certain demographical facts. You don't have to accept my opinion, and based on your track record, I don't expect you to.

I'd rather see actual facts and not form an opinion based on feelings about a video. Particularly since that video makes the claim that men of all backgrounds made comments.

Midnightrider

Let me guess, the chinks and the WASPs were the most grotesque in their catcalls, amirite?

In about half the cases there are no men in the shot when the comments are made so you would just be guessing. There were really only a few where it was clear who was saying what. And that assumes no editing....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So I find it enigmatic when people use 'liberal' as a pejorative,

Because nutbag liberals have bastardized the meaning and turned it into something that means "ridiculous and destructive". That's why they had to start calling themselves "progressives", which they've ruined as well.

I am quite liberal, in the traditional sense of the word, about a number of issues but I hesitate to use that label because of the way the mentals have redefined it.