The "fight" over Islam comes to Charles County

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
http://www.somdnews.com/article/201...am-homework-dispute&template=southernMaryland

“I told her straight up ‘you could take that Muslim-loving piece of paper and shove it up your white [expletive],” Kevin Wood said in an interview. “If [students] can’t practice Christianity in school, they should not be allowed to practice Islam in school.”

He sounds sooooo reasonable too. I'm surprised the school administration didn't entertain his objections to this seriously. Because this is *exactly* the way you are supposed to raise objections like this.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In reading the link, I don't see where he was being unreasonable. He doesn't want his kid to learn anything about Islam.

Is that not OK?

tommyjo

In reading the link, I don't see where he was being unreasonable. He doesn't want his kid to learn anything about Islam.

Is that not OK?

He issued threats. This is the very first sentence of the article:

The father of a La Plata High School student has been barred from the school grounds after officials said he threatened to disrupt the school environment

No this is not ok.

Ignorance and bigotry is not ok either. The whole idea of obtaining an education is so that you can expand your mind and understand other people that you will interact with in life.

If this jackass father doesn't want his child to learn certain things, then pull her out of public school. Seems like this ignorant piece of trash has a running battle with the school system...so home school the kid...put her in a Christian academy. There are other options than threats.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No this is not ok.

Ignorance and bigotry is not ok either. The whole idea of obtaining an education is so that you can expand your mind and understand other people that you will interact with in life.

If this jackass father doesn't want his child to learn certain things, then pull her out of public school. Seems like this ignorant piece of trash has a running battle with the school system...so home school the kid...put her in a Christian academy. There are other options than threats.

Did you read the link?

declined to elaborate on what threats Wood had made.

Is this a threat?

“I told her straight up ‘you could take that Muslim-loving piece of paper and shove it up your white [expletive],” Kevin Wood said in an interview.

“Nowhere did he ever threaten,” Melissa Wood said

I think, obviously, that, because he was not locked up and sent to Gitmo, over night that, the school folks over reacted and had their feelings hurt but, were not threatened.

Ignorance and bigotry IS ok if we are a free nation. Free to believe as you choose, as long as it harms no one else's rights. Free to be ignorant. Free to be a bigot, just so long as you don't violate someone elses rights.

:buddies:

dontknowwhy

No this is not ok.

Do you EVER get tired of contradicting yourself from your posts the day before?
And if ignorance & bigotry are not okay...why are you still alive & being a burden to everybody?
PS...you should go find this father & call him a jackass personally. That ass whoopin you would get would be sooo entertaining to watch

dontknowwhy

How do you feel about the Islam religion ToJo?
Me personally, I think every last one should be soaked in Napalm & set on fire...

Hijinx

The three-page assignment asked questions including, "How did Muslim conquerors treat those they conquered?"

A homework assignment obtained by MyFoxDC.com showed the correct answer was, “With tolerance, kindness and respect."

Good Gooogamooga. If you are going to teach about Islam in school at least teach the truth.
Kids in school only have to listen to the news to actually see how Muslims treat the conquered.
Or for that matter how they treat each other.

When an Islamic would murder his daughter for being raped or beat his wife for showing her face it shouldn't be a stretch to see how they would treat the conquered.

To me the matter is not teaching about Islam, but teaching it by outright lies/.
The idiot who wrote the alledged correct answer to this question must be a total fool.
Tolerance, kindness and respect? That's friggin laughable.

Perhaps this father was a bit crude, but no school should teach a lie.

The truth about Islam is that it is not a religion. It is a political cult posing as a religion.
It's whole theological reason for existence is to gain power.To enslave .
There is no freedom in the Islamic cult, you bend to their will or you die.
Infidel or practitioner, you bend to their will or you suffer.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return

Is that not OK?

Wow, Larry. Not all that long ago you lambasted a guy on youtube because he was being "unreasonable" with the cops in a video that was posted.

Now you have a guy who, in his own words, threated someone. Yes, yes, I understand the vagaries of our language. He didn't say that he would do the shoving, only that it should be done.

Textbook definition of "reasonable", innit?

Homeland

Is that not OK?

I and my kids all went to Catholic schools so I don't know the answer to this. Is Christianity or Judaism taught in history class in the public schools?

Makavide

Not too talkative
The three-page assignment asked questions including, "How did Muslim conquerors treat those they conquered?"

A homework assignment obtained by MyFoxDC.com showed the correct answer was, “With tolerance, kindness and respect."

Good Gooogamooga. If you are going to teach about Islam in school at least teach the truth.
Kids in school only have to listen to the news to actually see how Muslims treat the conquered.
Or for that matter how they treat each other.

When an Islamic would murder his daughter for being raped or beat his wife for showing her face it shouldn't be a stretch to see how they would treat the conquered.

To me the matter is not teaching about Islam, but teaching it by outright lies/.
The idiot who wrote the alledged correct answer to this question must be a total fool.
Tolerance, kindness and respect? That's friggin laughable.

Perhaps this father was a bit crude, but no school should teach a lie.

The truth about Islam is that it is not a religion. It is a political cult posing as a religion.
It's whole theological reason for existence is to gain power.To enslave .
There is no freedom in the Islamic cult, you bend to their will or you die.
Infidel or practitioner, you bend to their will or you suffer.

Anyone know which World History textbook is being used in Charles County? and what that textbook has to say on Islam?

Midnightrider

I and my kids all went to Catholic schools so I don't know the answer to this. Is Christianity or Judaism taught in history class in the public schools?

its hard to teach history and not talk about christianity/ judaism/ religion in general. the crusades, spanish inquisition, founding of america, holocaust, etc all have a religious component.