Blatant misreprestentation

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So the democratic candidate for 29A has put an ad in the paper that, upon first glance implies that he has been endorsed by the two other gentlemen in the picture with him.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Matt Morgan received the endorsement from Larry Hogan some time ago. The picture in the ad was taken this year at Johnny Wood's annual pig roast and now the democrat is using it as a campaign ad. Is it legal? Yes. Does the Hogan campaign know about this? Yes, and I have no idea if they have said anything to the Democrat about using the image, but it is too late now I guess. Unethical? Oh hell yes, but that is par for the course for the democratic candidate. I don't know about you but if a candidate is willing to stoop to this level on the campaign trail where he can be called out on it, what will he be doing behind the closed doors of a committee?

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How can it be legal to use someone's likeness for commercial purposes without their consent?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
How can it be legal to use someone's likeness for commercial purposes without their consent?

I thought the same exact thing but evidently those rules are a little blurry when it comes to campaigns. I asked Steve Waugh about it and he said "Yep, it's legal."

Like I said it's unethical as hell and there is no way I would want this guy representing me, either in court or in Annapolis. He is a slimeball.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The left have no ethics, so it doesn't bother them, or the sheeple that cast their legal or illegal ballots for them.

TPD

the poor dad
So the democratic candidate for 29A has put an ad in the paper that, upon first glance implies that he has been endorsed by the two other gentlemen in the picture with him.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Matt Morgan received the endorsement from Larry Hogan some time ago. The picture in the ad was taken this year at Johnny Wood's annual pig roast and now the democrat is using it as a campaign ad. Is it legal? Yes. Does the Hogan campaign know about this? Yes, and I have no idea if they have said anything to the Democrat about using the image, but it is too late now I guess. Unethical? Oh hell yes, but that is par for the course for the democratic candidate. I don't know about you but if a candidate is willing to stoop to this level on the campaign trail where he can be called out on it, what will he be doing behind the closed doors of a committee?

I noticed the ad as well and thought WTH! I agree with ya - unethical. Fortunately, he's not in my district.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
You see in Virginia Warner running on a Republican platform but votes Democrat. We'll see how many thousands of folks he fooled on Tuesday.

tommyjo

The left have no ethics, so it doesn't bother them, or the sheeple that cast their legal or illegal ballots for them.

Of course...and the right is full is nothing but God fearing Christians who would never do anything unethical...just a bunch of white robbed individuals floating above the rest of us...correct?

mamatutu

mama to two
You see in Virginia Warner running on a Republican platform but votes Democrat. We'll see how many thousands of folks he fooled on Tuesday.

Right on. Why can't people do their research on candidates? :banghead:

For example, I am a Repub. As if members didn't know that. :lol: I did not vote Repub across the board. I, actually, voted for two Dems. It's true! :faint:

Early voted yesterday.

Here is a really good site to compare candidates. All candidates in MD are included.
http://onyourballot.vote411.org/candidate-index.do?c=12980457#.VFRa6JUtBy3

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Of course...and the right is full is nothing but God fearing Christians who would never do anything unethical...just a bunch of white robbed individuals floating above the rest of us...correct?

Where did you read that Jane, you ignorant slut?