Trick or Treat thread!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wonder how many I'll get at the apartment. At my old house last year I had a zillion of 'em.

We're giving out Reese's and snack chips.

mamatutu

mama to two
We've gotten fewer and fewer each year since all the street kids have grown up. Our driveway is long, but we leave the lights on hoping we might get a couple. Got Reese's, too. Something we like because we will end up eating most of them! :lol: Happy Halloween!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
They are oot and aboot here on hay-wagon type trailers , so the girls are set up near the end of the driveway, make 'em get out and line up, or no candy for you for one year!

TPD

the poor dad
Wonder how many I'll get at the apartment. At my old house last year I had a zillion of 'em.

We've gotten fewer and fewer each year since all the street kids have grown up. Our driveway is long, but we leave the lights on hoping we might get a couple. Got Reese's, too. Something we like because we will end up eating most of them! :lol: Happy Halloween!

OMG - REESE'S - MY FAVORITE! If I dress up as the poor dad and show up at your houses, will you give me sum?!?

PeoplesElbow

Problem with apartments you cant turn off the porch light, I use to get "kids" up to 11:30 at night. I put kids in quotes because they weren't in costumes and some had mustaches.

Problem with apartments you cant turn off the porch light, I use to get "kids" up to 11:30 at night. I put kids in quotes because they weren't in costumes and some had mustaches.

That's a big reason I don't celebrate anymore. Took all the fun out of it.

Anyway, how many "Elsa" costumes have you all seen so far? :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
OMG - REESE'S - MY FAVORITE! If I dress up as the poor dad and show up at your houses, will you give me sum?!?

Yep. In fact you can have the whole bowl :jet:

We haven't had one kid so far. It occurred to me that we might not because I'm on the second floor and kids don't want to climb stairs only to find that no one is giving out treats. The good news is that I bought stuff that Monello and I like.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We've had about 8 or 9 bell rings and quite a lot of kids each time. I live in a townhouse neighborhood, with a lot of kids.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

Yep. In fact you can have the whole bowl :jet:

We haven't had one kid so far. It occurred to me that we might not because I'm on the second floor and kids don't want to climb stairs only to find that no one is giving out treats. The good news is that I bought stuff that Monello and I like.

Apts get kids later after they go through the McMansion neighborhoods.

mamatutu

mama to two

Sure! Less for me. I have eaten 3 already, and no trick or treaters. Thank goodness they are the minis! :lol:

RPMDAD

Lower turnout here than usual normally get between 90 - 100 + kids here last night about 60. Tons of leftover candy.

TPD

the poor dad
Lower turnout here than usual normally get between 90 - 100 + kids here last night about 60. Tons of leftover candy.

I'm sure it was because of ebola...

No wait, didn't Owe'mally & Boh pass a trick or treating tax this year?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We had less than 20 kids at our house. My husband and oldest (13) stayed home to pass out candy while I took my youngest (10) around trick or treating. Hardly anyone was passing out candy so we went home after an hour. None of us are big candy eaters so my youngest didn't care that he didn't get a lot of candy from people. The left-over candy will sit around for a few months so we can pick through what we like and then the rest will be taken to work.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hardly anyone was passing out candy so we went home after an hour.

Now, do you think kids don't trick or treat because fewer people are handing out candy, or vice versa?

I'm just curious why TorT isn't as popular as it was when I was a kid.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Now, do you think kids don't trick or treat because fewer people are handing out candy, or vice versa?

And wasn't the time change moved to later because of TorT? Or am I mistaken?

We were camping and we didn't get trick or treaters, in fact there were no kids at the campgrounds at all. We did get the drunk hay ride that kept going by, that was a funny sight to see.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Maybe the old fashioned street ToT may not be as popular as it used to be because many shopping areas/Churches/public areas, etc. hold ToT events that are supposed to be considered "safer". :shrug: