If your cell phone contract is up

PeoplesElbow

Just found out I can save over $20 a month on AT&T when my contract expires in a couple days switching plans. I also get another gig of data and am able to create a hotspot with my phone. 3GB of data, unlimited talk and text for $65/month.

From now on I am buying phones off ebay.

SamSpade

And the only reason I stay with Verizon is, they're seriously the ONLY provider in this area that gives me decent cell phone coverage everywhere in the county - including my house. Every guest to my home has complained they can't make a call easily.

Otherwise, I'd leave them in a New York minute.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I've had Verizon for a long time. My contract is up this month but I'm not ready for a new phone. I'm still going to switch to AT&T and will save quite a bit of money and will have double the data. Verizon is a rip off but their coverage is good.

And the only reason I stay with Verizon is, they're seriously the ONLY provider in this area that gives me decent cell phone coverage everywhere in the county - including my house. Every guest to my home has complained they can't make a call easily.

Otherwise, I'd leave them in a New York minute.

If you go with Straight Talk or TracPhone, you can reduce your costs but still run on the Verizon backbone.

I would love to think I've got a choice, but I know several people with AT&T and their have very spotty service receiving calls and texts. Sometimes calls don't come in at all and often times text will come in all at once hours later or even the next day. I won't consider switching until area service is stable.

How does the Straight Talk work? Do you have that?

Yes, I do, for about 2 years now. Pretty simple. You provide the phone (buy one you like or use one you have). Pay $45/mo for unlimited voice/txt/data. Keep your current phone #. If you exceed 3Gb data, it will throttle, but as much as I use it and even with Pandora spooling thru it whenever I'm in the car, I've never come close to hitting 3Gb. Have used it up and down the east coast, out in Arkansas, no issues with coverage.

I got a Galaxy S3, it's been terrific.

SamSpade

Yes, I do, for about 2 years now. Pretty simple. You provide the phone (buy one you like or use one you have). Pay $45/mo for unlimited voice/txt/data. Keep your current phone #. If you exceed 3Gb data, it will throttle, but as much as I use it and even with Pandora spooling thru it whenever I'm in the car, I've never come close to hitting 3Gb. Have used it up and down the east coast, out in Arkansas, no issues with coverage.

I got a Galaxy S3, it's been terrific.

Pretty sure, however, it won't work with your phone from Verizon.

sockgirl77

Pretty sure, however, it won't work with your phone from Verizon.

It does work with some Verizon phones. However, the Galaxy is not one of them. It does work with iPhones from Verizon. It also works with iPhones from Spring. I have Straight Talk now. $45 per month and have better signal than I ever had with Verizon.