Heated glove liners, sliced bread

glhs837

Power with Control
move the EFF OVER!!!!!! So, knowing I plan to ride to work every day it's not actually snowy and icy, just like last year, and knowing where I hit my limits last year (18 muthereffin degrees, I'm looking at you!!!), I geared up for this year a bit. Got myself a one piece easy on thermal riding suit and some heated glove liners for the thick gauntlets.

Man, wired up the glove liners roughly yesterday, used them this AM. Wow, even at three out of five on the controller, at rest, they were too warm:hot:, but at 60-70, that was just right. :buddies: Hands didnt even know they were beling blasted by a cold wind.

Do you have the link to what they are and where you got them? I have a pair of heated Harley gloves but they are kind of a pain.

glhs837

Power with Control
Do you have the link to what they are and where you got them? I have a pair of heated Harley gloves but they are kind of a pain.

http://www.amazon.com/Powerlet-Rapi...15103997&sr=8-10&keywords=heated+glove+liners

So, any heated glove is going to be a bit of a pain, until battery tech gets good enough, I think. I chose a liner over a glove for a couple of reasons. One was cost. The ones I linked come complete, while a lot of others require you to buy a seperate controller unit. And being liners, I can use them with different outer gloves to expand the range I can use them. For yesterday morning, it was inside the mongo gauntlets, while yesterday afternoon and this AM, it was inside my thin summer riding gloves.

SG, I looked at the Gerbins stuff, but for an equivelent product, it's in the $180 range for the same specs. Since with Gerbings, you have to buy the heat controller seperate.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, this am it was 28, and the suit did me just fine. Gloves, still at setting 3 out of 5, were too hot.

SoMDGirl42

Well, this am it was 28, and the suit did me just fine. Gloves, still at setting 3 out of 5, were too hot.

we'll that's twice you've said they were too hot. Did those gloves not come with a #2 setting, or are you just to stubborn to change it for comfort?

glhs837

Power with Control
Nope, but this time was 28 degrees, last time was high 30s, figured I might need the extra heat. :) Can't really adjust while riding. Maybe when it gets below 20, I might need 3 :)

http://www.amazon.com/Powerlet-Rapi...15103997&sr=8-10&keywords=heated+glove+liners

So, any heated glove is going to be a bit of a pain, until battery tech gets good enough, I think. I chose a liner over a glove for a couple of reasons. One was cost. The ones I linked come complete, while a lot of others require you to buy a seperate controller unit. And being liners, I can use them with different outer gloves to expand the range I can use them. For yesterday morning, it was inside the mongo gauntlets, while yesterday afternoon and this AM, it was inside my thin summer riding gloves.

SG, I looked at the Gerbins stuff, but for an equivelent product, it's in the $180 range for the same specs. Since with Gerbings, you have to buy the heat controller seperate.

You must have got the last one. Just looked.

glhs837

Power with Control
Damn even checked Revzilla, and while small and XXL are available, M and Large are not. Must be in big demand.

SoMDGirl42

Nope, but this time was 28 degrees, last time was high 30s, figured I might need the extra heat. :) Can't really adjust while riding. Maybe when it gets below 20, I might need 3 :)

Nothing personal, but I hope it never gets below 20 for you to require the #3 setting. I just hope by the time you decide to not be stubborn about it, you don't have 3rd degree burns :huggy:

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm a pansy about hot stuff:) Been burnt 2nd degree a couple times, so I exaggerate bit maybe :) I'm curious to find out how low I can go so equipped :) Cant imagine under what circumstances I would need 5. But lots of folks wear normal gloves with the liners, whereas I'm running almost NASA grade gauntlets.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm a pansy about hot stuff:) Been burnt 2nd degree a couple times, so I exaggerate bit maybe :) I'm curious to find out how low I can go so equipped :) Cant imagine under what circumstances I would need 5. But lots of folks wear normal gloves with the liners, whereas I'm running almost NASA grade gauntlets.

How long is the ride?

I would NOT like not being able to adjust on the fly.

glhs837

Power with Control
Only about 8 miles or so. About three or so at 65ish, another 1 at 5-7mph, the rest about 30-40mph. Think I could go a lot longer, though, as I'm not feeling any discomfort at all. A nice big rotary knob compatible with gloves would be nice, but I'm striking a balance between wants and needs. :) And at under $100, you don't get gloves controlled by alpha waves :) Used setting 2 this am at 21 degrees as directed :) and hands were comfy the whole way. One tip about insulated suits, don't use a shoulder bag, as that compresses the suit, leading to colder spots :)

SoMDGirl42

Only about 8 miles or so. About three or so at 65ish, another 1 at 5-7mph, the rest about 30-40mph. Think I could go a lot longer, though, as I'm not feeling any discomfort at all. A nice big rotary knob compatible with gloves would be nice, but I'm striking a balance between wants and needs. :) And at under $100, you don't get gloves controlled by alpha waves :) Used setting 2 this am at 21 degrees as directed :) and hands were comfy the whole way. One tip about insulated suits, don't use a shoulder bag, as that compresses the suit, leading to colder spots :)

Glad you were comfy this morning :biggrin: I'm blaming this cold weather on you!