Carlesha Freeland-Gaither's family...

Dakota

~~~~~~~
And Carlesha herself originally lived in California, MD. It is also where Carlesha attended high school.

My deepest sympathies to her family.

From this article:

Freeland-Gaither lived in California, Maryland for several years, with her grandmother, and attended high school there before returning to Philadelphia two years ago. Two months ago, she moved out of her grandfather's house. She now works with cancer patients at Penn Presbyterian Hospital in University City, her grandmother told NBC10.

Police have interviewed a number of witnesses, as well as Freeland-Gaither's current boyfriend. No one has been named a suspect. The woman's grandmother, Ana Mulero, has raised suspicions about a man who she said romantically pursued her granddaughter. Police maintain they still do not have suspects.

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Reward-Germantown-Abduction-281446151.html#ixzz3I8npsitR
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Reward-Germantown-Abduction-281446151.html

I wonder if the suspicious man her grandmother was referring to was somebody in the local area?

Last edited:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I wonder why ATM videos are of such poor quality. You'd think that an institution, if it was serious about identifying someone who used their ATM, would check the lighting and focus as well as sequential photos that would be useful. Same goes for liquor stores and convenience stores which seem to attract a certain clientele who seem to want to relieve them of money in the middle of the night.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I wonder why ATM videos are of such poor quality. You'd think that an institution, if it was serious about identifying someone who used their ATM, would check the lighting and focus as well as sequential photos that would be useful. Same goes for liquor stores and convenience stores which seem to attract a certain clientele who seem to want to relieve them of money in the middle of the night.

Agree :ohwell:

Here is another article with a profile photo, http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Reward-Germantown-Abduction-281446151.html \ (scroll down)

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Just a coincidence that he dragged her to maryland.

I hope the feds prosecute this POS for interstate kidnapping, that way he is not back out after 3 years.

From all I have read, he was a violent offender released from Virginia on Parole. He has had several serious charges reduced from the original offense to something lessor and also has a warrant for attempted murder and rape of a 16 year old Virginia girl.

He shouldn't have been on the streets to begin with... :ohwell:

She didn't know him... if only she was armed at the time...

She's very lucky she is alive. These sorts of things rarely end up with good news.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I am so happy for her and her family that she was found safe. I've known her grandma for a couple years through my work and she's a lovely person.

officeguy

From all I have read, he was a violent offender released from Virginia on Parole. He has had several serious charges reduced from the original offense to something lessor and also has a warrant for attempted murder and rape of a 16 year old Virginia girl.

He shouldn't have been on the streets to begin with... :ohwell:

Hence my hope that this time around he gets 20 years of hard federal time.

She didn't know him... if only she was armed at the time...

Well, she is 22 and lives in a shall-issue state with pre-emption. The option was available to her. Although, if you look at the initial attack, it may not have made a difference. She did put up quite a fight though, kicked out two windows from the car. Maybe she could have made use of a gun.

lovinmaryland

Just a coincidence that he dragged her to maryland.

I hope the feds prosecute this POS for interstate kidnapping, that way he is not back out after 3 years.

Glad she's safe and they got the guy...but I agree its a little odd that he brought her here back to Maryland.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Sounds like she kept her head throughout the whole deal. Smart enough to drop her cell phone so authorities could identify who was kidnapped, gave up the PIN to her ATM card to authorities could track where they had gone, kicked out the window of the automobile so the authorities would investigate, the convinced the perp to bring her back home.

RPMDAD

Sounds like she kept her head throughout the whole deal. Smart enough to drop her cell phone so authorities could identify who was kidnapped, gave up the PIN to her ATM card to authorities could track where they had gone, kicked out the window of the automobile so the authorities would investigate, the convinced the perp to bring her back home.

Agree 100% Lurk she did do ecerything right. This helped also on really narrowing it down.

Investigators began tracking the movements of his car — a gray Ford Taurus — through the GPS device. The dealership installed it because of Barnes’s poor credit at the time of purchase.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cials-catch-an-alleged-philadelphia-abductor/

officeguy

Interesting how some deputies dad in New Kent county connected the dots between the abduction of Carlesha Freeland-Gaither and the case in Richmond in early october:

New Kent sheriff’s deputies were alerted to be on the lookout for Barnes. But it was a phone conversation between a New Kent deputy and the deputy’s father that shed light on determining the suspect’s whereabouts.

Deputy Wyatt Johnston spoke with his dad on Nov. 3 and the topic turned to the Philadelphia kidnapping. Video surveillance footage, which showed the victim, Freeland-Gaither, being forced into a vehicle by an assailant dressed in dark clothing, had drawn national attention.

“He was telling me about the case and the information that was received and in the back of my mind it sounded similar to the one in Charles City,” commented Johnston. “I knew from the investigation that Barnes had ties to Philadelphia and I acted on a hunch.”

That hunch became a key cog in locating Barnes, who moved to Charles City from Philadelphia in the late 1980s/early 1990s and graduated from Charles City High School in 1994. Johnston contacted Charles City Deputy Charlie Hargis and New Kent Detective Joey McLaughlin.

http://nkccnews.com/local-news/2014...ng-case-faces-six-felony-charges-state-level/

That case also illustrates what a joke the state courts are these days. This piece of scum got '20 years' for an armed robbery in 2001 with all but 9 months suspended....

I am not a big proponent of 'three strikes' laws, but this guy is clearly a predator with progressively worsening crimes. Nothing wrong with a firing squad at sunrise.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Agree 100% Lurk she did do ecerything right. This helped also on really narrowing it down.

Investigators began tracking the movements of his car — a gray Ford Taurus — through the GPS device. The dealership installed it because of Barnes’s poor credit at the time of purchase.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cials-catch-an-alleged-philadelphia-abductor/

A great deal of the good luck in this case evolves from the fact there was a surveillance camera on that specific corner, nobody picked up her cell phone as a fortuitous prize and the guy didn't kill her immediately.