I Am So Happy With Today's Election Results

'SkinsFan

The election news just keeps getting better and better! Gov. Elect Hogan just got Brown's phone call. Maybe Hogan will be able to abolish some of O'Malley's taxes. I have such high hopes for the Republican Senate. Wonder if Obama will spend the next 2 years playing golf and sulking. I just had to share my happiness with today's results.

ltown81

Locally I am surprised Schallar, Dyson, Bohanon, and Russell lost. Looks like the "St. Mary's County" middle of the road democrat is no more.

DannyMotorcycle

The election news just keeps getting better and better! Gov. Elect Hogan just got Brown's phone call. Maybe Hogan will be able to abolish some of O'Malley's taxes. I have such high hopes for the Republican Senate. Wonder if Obama will spend the next 2 years playing golf and sulking. I just had to share my happiness with today's results.

Me too!

'SkinsFan

Since I live in Charles now, I didn't look up St. Mary's. I didn't know about Jackie Russell, Roy Dyson, and Bohanon lost. I sure am surprised. Three great men. Sorry they lost.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Not to mention George Owings losing in Calvert, which surprised me. Another conservative Democrat who wasn't afraid to buck the Party.

Midnightrider

Since I live in Charles now, I didn't look up St. Mary's. I didn't know about Jackie Russell, Roy Dyson, and Bohanon lost. I sure am surprised. Three great men. Sorry they lost.

After his participation in the SB281 debacle I don't think many shared your opinion of Johnny Bo. If I could have voted against him I would have

nobody really

I need a nap
if you look at the election results, hogan took st. mary's and calvert by a landslide, in Charles county it was the opposite.

Hannibal

As of about 6pm last night, the exit polls were HEAVILY favoring Brown. To the point I thought it was a done deal (as I expected).

Looks like the only Counties to go blue are the ones directly around DC. The same Counties absorbing the mass exodus from DC of recent years. I guess the boys in red didn't get to the poll until late because THEY WERE WORKING.

Hijinx

:yay:

I'd rather go to Annapolis or further north to shop, dine, go to the movies, etc. We rarely go to Waldorf anymore.

I go around Waldorf when I can. I either got through Aquasco or out Bumpy Oak Rd to Bryans Rd.

I stay as far away from Waldorf as possible.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was stunned to see the results this morning, in St. Mary's and statewide. A pleasant surprise indeed.

I'm glad to see that Roy Dyson's last minute scum-doggery, with the bogus claims against Waugh in that glossy mailer, did not benefit him. I've voted for Roy in past elections and was on the fence on this one...until that mailer showed up. I just hate a sunk.

Weaver's win, despite all the anti-Weaver socket puppet activity and the obvious opposition from Raspa and the "teacher's union" was ....gratifying to see.

Jackie losing; that came as a surprise to me. I guess he got swept out with the rest of his party...

Goldenhawk

Great men? What exactly is so great about them?

I met Bohanan a few weeks ago at a local forum. Great guy, very nice, very polished in his speech and his awareness of the issues, and he clearly understood the means to get things done. I couldn't think of a better guy to be in a political office....

...Except for his political views and vote history, which I couldn't stomach. So I had to vote against the man because of his positions. That's a real shame, because if he were on the opposite side of the aisle he'd be a potent force in the direction I believe is right.

dgates80

Land of the lost
I was stunned to see the results this morning, in St. Mary's and statewide. A pleasant surprise indeed.

I'm glad to see that Roy Dyson's last minute scum-doggery, with the bogus claims against Waugh in that glossy mailer, did not benefit him.

I agree, that mailer was grossly deceptive. So one files paperwork to begin a business while you are between jobs, to try and move forward. Then ya get a great job offer so you don't go forward with operating the business... So it has zero income. Then because it had zero income, you therefore pay zero taxes on it. Big whoop.

That mailer was both in poor taste and the decisive factor in Dysons loss... And Waugh's win!

bilbur

the local status quo around here definitely got shaken up. Let's see if anything really changes.

This is my feeling, now that the Republicans got the state I hope they can do positive things and not go all hard core Republican on us. This is why the Democrats lost, they were trying to create a Democrat utopia where they could tax the air we breath and give the money to the do nothings. The Republicans need to learn from the Democrats mistake because if we have 4 years of huge tax breaks for the rich and tem cutting programs that actually make sense than they won't be here after the next election. How about this as a novel idea, pay attention to the working middle class for once.