#YaMeCanse

BOP

Ya me canse is Mexican spanish for "I've had enough." Who doesn't think this guy would fit right in with the current administration here in this country?

Having said that, there are estimates that the illegal drug trade comprises nearly a tenth of Mexico's GDP! A tenth, you guys! Drugs and the drug trade will never go away. The best they can hope for is to reduce the violence, which is rampant in Mexico and spilling into the United States.

http://news.yahoo.com/ive-had-enough-says-mexico-attorney-general-massacre-054303857.html

After weeks fielding questions about the abduction and apparent massacre of 43 trainee teachers by corrupt police in league with drug gang members, Mexico's Attorney General Jesus Murillo has had enough.

He's not the only one.

Facing a grilling over the details of the case, which has sent shockwaves across Mexico and triggered outrage at impunity, Murillo sought to wrap up a news conference on Friday evening, arching his eyebrows with the aside "Ya me canse", or "I've had enough".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That is, respectfully, total 100% crap.

The drug trade ends tomorrow if we legalize it. The violence then disappears. Along with the corruption.

Then, we can deal with the health care issues instead of dealing with the health care issues AND the violence AND the corruption.

Law enforcement, freed from the inanity of the violence and corruption and massive cost of playing Prohibition Officer, will be MORE than up to the task of enforcing public intoxication laws.
Lawyers can go chase ambulances. Judges can stop rubber stamping the massive volume of dope cases and focus on re-establishing respect for the law.

The problem is that Mexico and lawyers and drug dealers and crooked cops and judges will have to find honest work.

BOP

That is, respectfully, total 100% crap.

The drug trade ends tomorrow if we legalize it. The violence then disappears. Along with the corruption.

Then, we can deal with the health care issues instead of dealing with the health care issues AND the violence AND the corruption.

Law enforcement, freed from the inanity of the violence and corruption and massive cost of playing Prohibition Officer, will be MORE than up to the task of enforcing public intoxication laws.
Lawyers can go chase ambulances. Judges can stop rubber stamping the massive volume of dope cases and focus on re-establishing respect for the law.

The problem is that Mexico and lawyers and drug dealers and crooked cops and judges will have to find honest work.

I never said it couldn't go away, Larry; I said it wouldn't. There is too much money on both sides of the border for them to ever legalize drugs. Show the drug cartels, the po-po, the politicians a different economic model whereby the same kind of money is being made, and you'll have the legalization of drugs. Until then, that's a non-starter.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I never said it couldn't go away, Larry; I said it wouldn't. There is too much money on both sides of the border for them to ever legalize drugs. Show the drug cartels, the po-po, the politicians a different economic model whereby the same kind of money is being made, and you'll have the legalization of drugs. Until then, that's a non-starter.

Larry Hogan will never be governor of Maryland. A black man will never be president. Medicine will never be socialized. We'd never send our boys to die for oil sheiks. :shrug:

It CAN happen but, it requires a sober, clear eyed look at the problem. You are correct if you say it isn't likely BUT, a huge part of that problem is fixable; we, the people, setting aside our desire to control one another long enough to choose a better public policy path.

As to your point about the money, it is estimated to be a $100 billion annual trade in the US. That says nothing about the medical costs, the law enforcement costs, the cost in public trust and confidence.

If we end prohibition and focus all that money and energy on rehabilitation and treatment, you're talking about creating a LOT of jobs. Jobs in education. Jobs in counseling. Jobs in all sorts of activities encouraging life without drugs.

As is, we bear the medical costs and the legal costs. The $100 billion goes to corrupt folks and drug dealers.

One of the things I believe in, economically speaking and, thus, policy wise is, if the money is there, it will find a place. So, if illegal drugs are, say, now $10 billion a year that's $90 billion the bad folks don't get. The collapse in drug related violence can move to treatment via public policy promoting, and funding, treatment and law enforcement that was becoming paramilitary in dealing with the now absent violence can go back to helping people, enforcing public intoxication rules and just be cops again instead of soldiers.

And all that corruption and cynicism dries up.

Plus, gangster rap disappears from the face of the earth as rappers no longer have the money and the violence and the cynicism and baseness to appeal to anymore. Snoop Dog gets to go sing about his dog, his woman done him wrong, his truck broke down instead of this cynical, ugly world of drugs, violence and corruption.