Political/Event signs

jimtom

You should have to get them up within a week after elections or you should get a littering fine (ie. O'Connors crooked falling down one at the Brass Rail). As well as others that plug events (like the Park Rock one I see everyday that happened back in Sept. Get the crap up, your uglyin' up our county.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
They do get to be an eye-sore - I agree there should be a time limit to remove them after the election. I could not find anything specific for St. Marys County (although I'm sure there is one) in regards to campaign signs. Google searched & found this: "Current St. Mary’s County zoning rules aim to limit political signs to a maximum of 32 square feet. The signs cannot be within the state or county’s right of ways along roads.

Rules that limited how soon before an election political signs could go up were removed several years ago after they were considered unconstitutional. So, a sign can go up at any time and, technically, remain posted long after the election on private property."

http://www.somdnews.com/article/201...s-as-election-looms&template=southernMaryland

You should have to get them up within a week after elections or you should get a littering fine (ie. O'Connors crooked falling down one at the Brass Rail). As well as others that plug events (like the Park Rock one I see everyday that happened back in Sept. Get the crap up, your uglyin' up our county.

St. Mary's County actually has a fairly strict sign ordinance that they just don't enforce. State law does not allow any advertising in the right of way regardless whether its a weekend, and allows local jurisdictions to collect them and levy fines of $25 per sign that the County can keep.

All those real estate directional signs, Mattress Warehouse signs, etc., located in the right of way are illegal.