Help find this thief....

glhs837

Power with Control
the linked page has pics of the pickup in question. Looks like they only have inside cameras. Seems silly to me, given how little cameras cost, and the fact that they sell beer and such.

glhs837

Power with Control
Base model big time, plastic bedliner, flat back window, and really, red base model pickups of that vintage are not that common.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The cameras were IN Sears.

Not much to go by unfortunately. Looks like 1,000 other red Chevy pickups that I see around here :shrug:

The deputy working the case was actually very confident that the picture would result in an arrest. In his experience/opinion, it would be enough. It's probably a matter of context...someone will correlate that truck with that location and that time..

frequentflier

happy to be living
The deputy working the case was actually very confident that the picture would result in an arrest. In his experience/opinion, it would be enough. It's probably a matter of context...someone will correlate that truck with that location and that time..

I HATE thieves...hope they catch the scumbag.

Goob

Sounds like the Deputy was right. I noticed the firstsherrif blog site said the suspect has been identified. Several other suspects were identified for other cases as well....

SG_Player1974

No doubt that these people were all identified by tips from the hotline! I personally know someone that called to ID the True Value perps. Guess what.... they took the info and never called back. THAT WAS BACK IN AUGUST! So why did they announce they were identified in November?

I wonder if they will be entitled to the cash reward? :sarcasm:

Yeah right....

SoMDGirl42

No doubt that these people were all identified by tips from the hotline! I personally know someone that called to ID the True Value perps. Guess what.... they took the info and never called back. THAT WAS BACK IN AUGUST! So why did they announce they were identified in November?

I wonder if they will be entitled to the cash reward? :sarcasm:

Yeah right....

That isn't right. If they provided the info and the theives were caught, they should be entitiled to the cash reward. I thought you had to wait until the person/persons were convicted though. :shrug: Have them call the sheriffs dept and ask.

SG_Player1974

That isn't right. If they provided the info and the theives were caught, they should be entitiled to the cash reward. I thought you had to wait until the person/persons were convicted though. :shrug: Have them call the sheriffs dept and ask.

Ha! This is the second time I know of someone calling in to ID someone that the sheriffs were looking for. Both times there was no call back. In the first instance, the person was booked and convicted (no jail... just probation of course)

Its nice to know that the sheriffs have the public doing their work for them! Maybe itsrequired can come on here to explain the process. :whistle:

SoMDGirl42

Ha! This is the second time I know of someone calling in to ID someone that the sheriffs were looking for. Both times there was no call back. In the first instance, the person was booked and convicted (no jail... just probation of course)

Its nice to know that the sheriffs have the public doing their work for them! Maybe itsrequired can come on here to explain the process. :whistle:

I wish they would publish their record in how many "cash rewards" are handed out every year to the public for identifying those subjects that are wanted. I've done it the past as well. No reward. But if it ever happens again, I'll call them and tell them I know who it is, and for 1K in cash I'll tell you. Money first though, I don't trust you'll keep your end of the bargin. :roflmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I thought the info had to result in a conviction too. But I don't know that for sure...

My buddy will be ecstatic to hear the thief has been identified. I warned him earlier though, that if no stolen property is found, there won't be any "justice" or conviction of the scumbag. If there is no specific evidence and the perp does not want to voluntarily cooperate, there is little that LE can do. Let's hope the perp was stupid enough to get caught with some stolen property....

SoMDGirl42

I thought the info had to result in a conviction too. But I don't know that for sure...

My buddy will be ecstatic to hear the thief has been identified. I warned him earlier though, that if no stolen property is found, there won't be any "justice" or conviction of the scumbag. If there is no specific evidence and the perp does not want to voluntarily cooperate, there is little that LE can do. Let's hope the perp was stupid enough to get caught with some stolen property....

Well shiat. That sounds like bull shiat too. If someone can ID him as the one stealing the tools, why does he have to have the stolen property to be convicted? If I see you shoot someone and kill them, I don't think you have to have the gun to convict you if I saw you do it.

Tell your buddy to sue him in civil court for stealing his property.