Concert for Valor

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Anyone else watching? First year they've done this?

Glad they are doing it.

Metallica is awesome as usual.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
I question why they are doing it. First year. That tells it all. Also, look at the list of who is involved. Political, not patriotic. That's all.

Edit: Sorry, but this admin lost me when they blocked veterans from the Memorials, but allowed illegals to protest in front of the WH with Pelosi as their spokesperson. Vomitorama. :barf: Like our gov is here for us. Yeah, right.

While our prez is dressed in communist duds, chewing Nicorette, and being outshadowed by Putin. Obama was advised not to go on the China trip, but he went anyway. Who is he really listening to? He should have been here tonight involved in the remembrance.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
:howdy: I've been watching. I think the concert has been pretty awesome and was just commenting on how Metallica has been around more than 30 years and is still very popular. There are protestors in the area outside but they really are minimal and I don't believe they are getting much media coverage. :shrug:

My son just asked me why they are booing at Bruce. :lol:

I question why they are doing it. First year. That tells it all. Also, look at the list of who is involved. Political, not patriotic. That's all.

Edit: Sorry, but this admin lost me when they blocked veterans from the Memorials, but allowed illegals to protest in front of the WH with Pelosi as their spokesperson. Vomitorama. :barf: Like our gov is here for us. Yeah, right.

While our prez is dressed in communist duds, chewing Nicorette, and being outshadowed by Putin. Obama was advised not to go on the China trip, but he went anyway. Who is he really listening to? He should have been here tonight involved in the remembrance.

Eff Obama - but how could he be excluded? Whether we like it or not, he is still our president. All that aside, the concert has been very entertaining.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
Usa usa! Usa!

Yes, that is how many of us feel. But, the feeling is our gov is not so much for USA, anymore. Hopefully, this last election has turned the tide. I would think that most Americans are aware that this event was years in the making. It didn't happen yesterday. I think many cannot read between the lines.

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:howdy: I've been watching. I think the concert has been pretty awesome and was just commenting on how Metallica has been around more than 30 years and is still very popular. There are protestors in the area outside but they really are minimal and I don't believe they are getting much media coverage. :shrug:

Eff Obama - but how could he be excluded? Whether we like it or not, he is still our president. All that aside, the concert has been very entertaining.

I think years from now if Metallica came out with walkers and rascals, they'll still get the same reaction from the crowd. I've loved them from day 1.

mamatutu

mama to two
lol @ Dakota's son

"But it didn’t take long before The Boss was a major political voice, from campaigning against nuclear power7 to doing a worldwide tour for Amnesty International8 to turning down millions from corporations wanting to use his songs in their advertisements.

Bruce has also attached his name to various Democrat and liberal organizations and events. In 2004, he endorsed Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry and lent the Kerry campaign his song, “No Surrender.”10 He supported Obama in 2008 as well, even opening the president’s inaugural celebration concert.

In social issues, Springsteen has been a longtime supporter of labor unions12 and is an outspoken supporter of gay rights and gay marriage.

If he’s anything, it’s a liberal Democrat."

http://hollowverse.com/bruce-springsteen/

mamatutu

mama to two

Any concert is entertaining. Obama excluded himself. What would be more important than honoring the country that allowed him to become president? Instead, his ego driven self is of on another disastrous adventure at our expense. What exactly was your question to me? Sorry, I try to keep up.

Edit: Maybe if Obama was using the Nicorette lozenge instead of the gum, he would be taken more seriously by other world leaders. Our prez is a joke here and abroad. He is sooooooooooo pissed off that we didn't like his agenda. He is more comfortable in China. Kind of.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
wow they did boo him loud and clear that time

Seems there is a lot of negative flack over the choice to perform Creedence Clearwater's “Fortunate Son," earlier. You don't know if the booing is the normal Bruce cheer or the dissatisfaction for that song choice earlier in the evening.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I don't think they are booing him, they are saying "Bruce".

I really don't think any of the people there are thinking political, they get to see a concert with some huge names all together. All of the acts so far have thanked the vets for their service. To me it seems like an event put together to honor, thank and help veterans.

Last edited:

PJay

Seems there is a lot of negative flack over the choice to perform Creedence Clearwater's “Fortunate Son," earlier. You don't know if the booing is the normal Bruce cheer or the dissatisfaction for that song choice earlier in the evening.

I started watching @ 8 missed beginning

mamatutu

mama to two
It is interesting to see that some forumites here that are so against our government don't see the sheepy wool being pulled over their eyes, and get so goosebumpy over a concert. That's ok y'all. Freedom of thought, speech, and all. :patriot:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Who would have thought that that Bruce Springsteen, Dave Grohl, and Zac Brown, accomplished musicians all, would be so, well, tone-deaf? But how else to explain their choice of song—Creedence Clearwater's famously anti-war anthem “Fortunate Son”—at the ostensibly pro-military “Concert for Valor” this evening on the National Mall?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/anti-military-anthem-played-concert-valor_818921.html

^^^ Several blogs and articles going up now about the song choice.

Sadly, some will complain about anything. To me, the song is one hell of a song and takes us back to a part of our history.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It is interesting to see that some forumites here that are so against our government don't see the sheepy wool being pulled over their eyes, and get so goosebumpy over a concert. That's ok y'all. Freedom of thought, speech, and all. :patriot:

Eminem is playing right now, think very hard before you respond. :lol: He is somebody who grew up in public housing, been on food stamps, protest the system, hates the FCC, supports free speech, and worked extremely hard to get where he is.

I think the purpose here was to support the troops and some are making it more political than it need be. HBO and Starbucks put this together.