Not Only No, But Hell No!!

Steve

Enjoying life!
"Several members of the House of Representatives have requested the United Nations (news - web sites) to send observers to monitor the November 2 US presidential election to avoid a contentious vote like in 2000, when the outcome was decided by Florida."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...l_afp/us_vote_congress_040702062257&printer=1

If this gets approved then we, as a nation, might as well give up whatever liberties we have left. To invite the UN to supervise the election would also invite the UN to make a statement upon the outcome of the election, and criticize the process should it's favored candidate lose. The is ludicrous! Am I the only one who is amazed by the fact that these dumbazzes would even propose such a thing?

Vince

This really pizzes me off. It's none of their (UN) business how US elections are run. Why don't we just invite all the other countries of the world to monitor our elections. What a crock of sh!t.:burning:

Re: Re: Not Only No, But Hell No!!

Originally posted by Sharon
Anyone have their names yet? :cussing:
Eddie Bernice Johnson, D Fla.

The biatch should just pack up and move to France.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This WILL NOT get approved. Any...unique individual...that has a mouth can say anything they want, no matter how crazy. Before the UN goes monitoring US elections, one would think they'd go after "elections" where the incumbent dictator gets 100% of the vote.

:rolleyes:

Steve

Enjoying life!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
one would think they'd go after "elections" where the incumbent dictator gets 100% of the vote.

:rolleyes:

That never happened; he was simply loved by all. Didn't you know that?

rraley

Liberals argue that the US should have UN elections observers because we require that other nations do that like Yugoslavia, the Sudan, and other third world nations. They would say that we are not practicing what we are preaching because we criticize other nations, such as Yugoslavia, for not allowing international observers. I am sorry, but we have been electing presidents for over two hundred years, we know how to do it. We have OUR system and it is the model for other nations. We ARE NOT A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. We have a media that is free to do whatever the hell they want and if something goes wrong, they would uncover it. The idea of having UN observers is just completely ridiculous. I swear to God, the only reason that John Kerry is not winning by 30 points right now is because so many whacky liberals are out there complaining how "Bush is gonna steal this one too." We're killing ourselves here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by rraley
We're killing ourselves here.
And it's a damn shame, too, because the old Democratic party had a lot to offer. Unfortunately, ya'll have been taken over by Leftists and crazies.

Your party problems can be summed up in two words: Terry McAuliffe. He's the leader of the ugly rhetoric and extremism that's become the Democratic party. Get rid of him and get someone moderate and mature in there and ya'll will have a chance.

And notice James Carville, who is the Founding Father of ugly Democrat rhetoric, has been MIA these past several months? He started this whole mess that the Democrats have become, then he took a powder. Either that or he's ashamed of what he did :)yeahright:).

mus

I think we should do it. What the hell. We've got our stuff in one sock right? Let 'em have a look and say what they need to say.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Originally posted by mus
I think we should do it. What the hell. We've got our stuff in one sock right? Let 'em have a look and say what they need to say.

WHAT?!! Let them have a look? Let the UN have a look?!

The populous of the UN already lives in the US, most of them on work visas in this country. The leader players come in when they are needed, from Yugoslavia, from Sudan, from every corner of the earth. They live and breathe America, and they take what they feel (good or bad) back to their own countries. They KNOW how this country works, as it has for 228 years!

They KNOW how we have gone to the defense of so many countries around the world, in need of a strong arm to get across the point of the majority, over the will of the (usually) scant minority.

So we have one close election in modern times, and it is suddenly the whim of a minority of Democrats to bring the UN in to monitor OUR electoral process???

Like WE HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE??!!! I still can't believe that this is happening; that we have ELECTED officials that think that they have to go OUTSIDE the US to get a fair election.

What does THAT tell you about the most leftist of the Democratic Party!????

Steve

Enjoying life!
Yes, I am still on the rant...

The UN is an "International Body", just like NATO, for example, or the RED CROSS. It's job it to monitor world events and insure that activities in the member nations are in line with the world body politic. When the member nations have a disagreement, the UN is supposed to step in and mediate the disagreement.

The UN is not military; the UN is not electoral; the UN is not charity; the UN is not a law-making apparatus. The UN is there to keep the peace among its member nations, to act as arbitrator.

UN sanctions against Iraq were just that, sanctions that outlined how the member nations felt about the actions of Iraq in 1990 and post years. The UN had no power itself to go in and "invade" Iraq; but it was made damn clear that UN member nations that supported Iraq would be questioned as to their motives. Just like the US worked through the UN to make it's point clear, culminating in our successful liberation of Kuwait in 1991, with the help of our Allies (also UN member nations).

Now....

To call on the UN to come in and 'monitor' our Electoral process is absolutely absurd. First of all, the UN does not have that power, unless asked by the member nations, typically in a situation where the ESTABLISHED government has collapsed, as in the case of Yugoslavia, following the collapse of the former Soviet Uniion. The UN did not go in and start monitoring Russia; however it did (uneffectively) help monitor things in Serbia/Craotia/Herzegovinia.

Savvy so far? ...Ok

For ANYONE to ask the UN to monitor the US Electoral process implies to me that the US Electoral process has broken down, and that chaos reigns. Has this happened? Are we all warring in the streets?

OF COURSE NOT!!!!

IF YOU FEEL THAT WE NEED A SHEPARD TO WATCH OVER US COME NOVEMBER 2ND, I submit that you need to find a US(!) Post Office, get a Visa, and then get the hell out of this country!!!!!

JMHO

-S

Hot N Bothered

No one needs to observe our elections. The craziness surrounding the 2000 election PROVED that.

Despite a hotly contested race, despite problems with voting equipment and such, the process worked. Riots didn't break out in the streets, anarchy didn't ensue. When all was said and done, we had a smooth transfer of power and everyone, including Al Gore acknowledges GWB as the legal President.

That just goes to show that the process, the ENTIRE process, electoral college included, works.