Poppy the senior kitty said Goodbye on Saturday

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We took in Poppy the senior kitty and his buddy Jazz back in 2010 I believe. Both cats belonged to the daughter of the couple who had them. The daughter abandoned them with her parents. The parents were kind enough to give us their carriers along with $200 in cash when we accepted them. Poppy and his buddy Jazz were separated when Jazz went to an adoptive home. Due to a urinary tract blockage about 3 weeks later, Jazz was put down at the ER in Waldorf.

Poppy was moved to a foster home as a very obese kitty, but he continued to lose weight with the help of the foster home. Turned out his former vet was the vet the foster used - they took one look at him and said POPPY! Poppy developed diabetes and had been on insulin for a couple years now, all at the fosters expense. Poppy was a cranky old man and we always wondered why he would be fine one minute and bite or scratch someone the next. I always said he was in pain, but we couldn't find anything. He started having trouble breathing on Saturday. He did NOT protest being picked up to go into the carrier as he usually did. The foster got him to the vet right away and the exam and scans revealed he had a huge tumor mass pressing against his lungs. Poor Baby. He was put down after the foster spent a little more time with him, as the vet said at his age it was unlikely he'd have quality of life even if he survived surgery to remove the tumor. I never interfered and allowed the foster to decide when it was time for Poppy to go because he had been going downhill for a while now. We will all remember Poppy as a grumpy old senior kitty who did enjoy being petted despite all his medical complications. Poppy was around 17 years old. Rest in peace Poppy and now you can visit your buddy Jazz.

0903121605.jpg