Favorite Comic Strips No Longer In Papers?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
What are some of your favorite comics you used to read in the daily rags that are no longer out, due to the artist being burned out or just changing directions?

For me:

Calvin and Hobbes
The Far Side
Doonesbury (even with the leftist bent)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Calvin and Hobbes, hands down. Far Side is another good one. Boondocks was great.

My other favorites were Sherman's Lagoon and Pearls Before Swine - are those still being printed? I don't get the WashPo anymore.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Calvin and Hobbes, hands down. Far Side is another good one. Boondocks was great.

My other favorites were Sherman's Lagoon and Pearls Before Swine - are those still being printed? I don't get the WashPo anymore.

P B S is daily here in the Tribune. Have not seen the alligators lately, though, and Rat seems to be taking over.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Hmmm, just look at my avatar.
Best Comic Strip Ever!

Calvin-Hobbes-calvin-26-hobbes-254155_1024_7681.jpg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
P
What are some of your favorite comics you used to read in the daily rags that are no longer out, due to the artist being burned out or just changing directions?

For me:

Calvin and Hobbes
The Far Side
Doonesbury (even with the leftist bent)

One of my favorites was Mandrake the Magician.

GregV814

well, the Family Circle should have been banned several decades ago.. Those poor little kids with enormous heads and apparent high caloric intake......

Calvin and Hobbs, Far Side...yup.

Some have been around along time and attempted to change with the times, like Beetle Bailey, Blondie, Mutt and Jeff....and what abour Garfield?