OMG. I just cut 6 inches off my hair.

mamatutu

mama to two
Thinking of cutting another 4 off. Like Christie from Gas Monkey Garage.

Well, your hair will be more healthy! It is always good to make a change. Think about it before you cut another 4 off. I was so obsessed with my hair for my daughter's upcoming wedding last May, that I went back 2 days before the event to have more whacked off! Why didn't somebody stop me! I am older, so long hair is not the standard. I definitely had a bob. I should have left well enough alone! Your thread made me think of this! :lol:

Tami2red

Well, your hair will be more healthy! It is always good to make a change. Think about it before you cut another 4 off. I was so obsessed with my hair for my daughter's upcoming wedding last May, that I went back 2 days before the event to have more whacked off! Why didn't somebody stop me! I am older, so long hair is not the standard. I definitely had a bob. I should have left well enough alone! Your thread made me think of this! :lol:

LOL :roflmao:

It actually looks pretty good. (Once I stopped crying!) I basically put it (my hair) in a pony tail and told DH to just cut it off. It is much healthier and softer. Maybe you're right. I'll wait on chopping the rest of it off for a day or two! LOL

Tami2red

So.... DH informed me this morning that it was WAY more than 6 inches. He won't let me see what he cut off. :roflmao: Doesn't matter, I LIKE it! Now I just need to find someone to shape it up a bit. DH informs me he's not doing that! LOL

Booboo3604

So.... DH informed me this morning that it was WAY more than 6 inches. He won't let me see what he cut off. :roflmao: Doesn't matter, I LIKE it! Now I just need to find someone to shape it up a bit. DH informs me he's not doing that! LOL

If it was atleast 8 inches and not dyed/chemically treated, you could consider donating it to Pantene. My sister and I alternate doing it every year. Great cause that doesn't just offer discounts for their wigs....

http://pantene.com/en-us/experience-main-section2/beautiful-lengths

Tami2red

If it was atleast 8 inches and not dyed/chemically treated, you could consider donating it to Pantene. My sister and I alternate doing it every year. Great cause that doesn't just offer discounts for their wigs....

http://pantene.com/en-us/experience-main-section2/beautiful-lengths

It was closer to 12" apparently. And, YES dyed. (I'm old. Grey hair. Ms. Clairol and I have an agreement. Don't ask, don't tell. LOL) My daughters used to donate to 'Locks of Love' every other year.

Roman

I had short hair all my life. I decided to let it grow, and is now down to the mid-back. I'm 60 years old, and love having long hair. I see a lot of old ladies with long hair now. It's easier to take care of too. No styling is the best.

Tami2red

I had short hair all my life. I decided to let it grow, and is now down to the mid-back. I'm 60 years old, and love having long hair. I see a lot of old ladies with long hair now. It's easier to take care of too. No styling is the best.

I never styled mine. Just tied it back. Now I feel an obligation to do something stylish! LOL

sockgirl77

It was closer to 12" apparently. And, YES dyed. (I'm old. Grey hair. Ms. Clairol and I have an agreement. Don't ask, don't tell. LOL) My daughters used to donate to 'Locks of Love' every other year.

Locks of Love is a crock. I found out after my 6th donation. However, Pantene does accept color treated hair as well. I know this for a fact. :smile: