RT. 5 North lane closures

Stew

For the last few days in the am sections of RT 5 North have been reduced to only 1 lane making traffic a NIGHTMARE!! :cussing: Anybody know what this is about and how long it supposed to continue?

BernieP

Resident PIA
I'll spare you the silly answer. Where on RT 5? If it's planned, sometimes applications like "Google Map", will have traffic advisories posted. SHA website????
Or, listen to one of the radio stations, they may have a statement during the traffic report (about every half hour).

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Looks like re-paving. The over pass at Woodyard right shoulder has Jersey barriers shielding milling equipment. I highly doubt it would be for the much needed widening of 5 or the overpass planned at Surratts. No money for projects to make life easier for us working class...

Stew

Looks like re-paving. The over pass at Woodyard right shoulder has Jersey barriers shielding milling equipment. I highly doubt it would be for the much needed widening of 5 or the overpass planned at Surratts. No money for projects to make life easier for us working class...

Makes sense. They really need to do something at Surratts Rd. That intersection has been a haven for major accidents.

Hannibal

2" mill then 2" overlay/pave. With night work and SHA temperature restrictions, finding stretches of suitable shifts will be tough so it might take a while. Then again, if we get some decent overnight weather, they can pave pretty quick on stretches like that.

No plan to widen anytime soon.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Starting at Surrats Road. Can't tell what they're doing. If this is going to last for a while I'm gonna have to change my route to DC.

oh, I haven't been up that way for a few months but even back in July I want to say they were working on that stretch of RT 5. At the time I think there was a lane shift because they were working in the median. So I guess they are getting close to finishing the work.