That's my daughter!

TPD

the poor dad
First year in GMHS after 10 years in little ole St Michaels, my daughter made the cut for the JV basketball team, but maybe because she is a minority. Anywho, they played their first scrimmage tonight against Patuxent and won! 37-9. She was a starter, but the team was told that this game was not open to the public so we the parents were not able to share in the joy.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
First year in GMHS after 10 years in little ole St Michaels, my daughter made the cut for the JV basketball team, but maybe because she is a minority. Anywho, they played their first scrimmage tonight against Patuxent and won! 37-9. She was a starter, but the team was told that this game was not open to the public so we the parents were not able to share in the joy.

:thewave:

Watching your child participate in sports or activities they are passionate about is SUCH a great feeling! :yay:

mamatutu

mama to two

Being a proud parent is just about the greatest thing in the world. My children went to Patuxent, so I will hold off on that! Just kidding! Good for your daughter. Excellent!

TPD

the poor dad
Congrats - they have a good girl's team and no offense, but it kind of sounds like you're saying she only perhaps made it because of the color of her skin and not on her abilities. Does she feel that way?

LOL just my sense of humor. I have been telling her since day one of GMHS not to expect to get on the team - didn't want her getting her hopes up because at SMS, everyone was accepted on the team regardless of abilities and because it was such a small school they needed to take everyone to make a team. I kept telling her that at GMHS she could be competing against many many more girls with skills better than her. She knows she was picked because of her abilities and not because of her skin color. As a dad, I must keep telling her how bad she is so she will keep improving to become one of the best!!

Tami2red

:dye: :getdown: