Insurance rate hikes hit rural Nebraskans

BOP

http://watchdog.org/183848/obamacare-2/

As enrollment began Saturday for the second year of the program, people on Obamacare plans began getting letters from their insurance companies explaining rate changes.

OBAMACARE 2.0: Rural Nebraskans will see the biggest increases in premiums in the second year of Obamacare.

“Our phones are starting to light up,” said Douglas, who owns Pioneer Interstate Insurance. “Most (rates) are doubling.”

He also got a letter from his insurance company informing him his premium will double next year, from $594 to $1,204 per month, if he qualifies for a $260 monthly federal tax credit again.

He’s 50 years old and has a healthy family of six, with four children under the age of 16. He’s not sure he’ll qualify for the tax credit this year, in which case he’d pay $1,464 per month — or $17,568 per year — with a $2,000 deductible. His premium and deductible would chew up almost 20 percent of his household income.

mamatutu

mama to two
Obamacareless. This is not about insurance for all. It is about killing the American middle class. And, then who will support America? :shrug:

mamatutu

mama to two
The rich can afford it, the poor get it for nothing and the middle class gets it shoved up their ass.

That's the American way.

No. It is the Obama way. Yes, the freebies have been going on for a long time, but you are right, Obama shoved it up our ass. Period.

I just picture him rubbing his hands together, and saying, 'Oh yeah, I gotcha'. I have said this before many times. Why does he hate US so much?. He is POTUS because of US. IMO, he will go down as being the biggest hypocrite in history. A forumite's sig (I can't remember who) says Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned, and Obama plays with himself. That sums it up!