Did you see this?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They better check him for pine tar

The gloves certainly don't hurt.

Amazing catch but, let's let this one settle a little before we give it top ten status let alone all time #1. There was a kid in a college game yesterday that collided with the defender when the ball got there, they both go down, ball goes straight up in the air, probably 10-12 feet and the kid, flat on his back, has the presence to catch the thing.

Brandon Lloyd was a legend in practice when he was here which, of course, doesn't count because it's practice.
Way too many brilliant catches, amazing ones, in traffic, to call this even top 10. And, again, absent the gloves, he doesn't catch that.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Had to be the NY Football Giants. Probably the greatest catch in a non-SB game with the NYG vs. NE, IMHO. Unbelievable, and check for former Raider Lester Hayes and his addiction to stickum, and getting it banned in the early 80's.

Pete

Repete
The gloves certainly don't hurt.

Amazing catch but, let's let this one settle a little before we give it top ten status let alone all time #1. There was a kid in a college game yesterday that collided with the defender when the ball got there, they both go down, ball goes straight up in the air, probably 10-12 feet and the kid, flat on his back, has the presence to catch the thing.

Brandon Lloyd was a legend in practice when he was here which, of course, doesn't count because it's practice.
Way too many brilliant catches, amazing ones, in traffic, to call this even top 10. And, again, absent the gloves, he doesn't catch that.

The boy has some and when new out of the package, a mist of water from a squirt bottle and you could use them to wax Kim Kardashian's bikini line.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Great catch for sure. With more & more college games being filmed, the next greatest catch will come out of the college ranks.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Ok. we can all debate what is the greatest catch ever but I believe this has to be near the top for sure. Lynn Swann made some amazing catches in his day.

Here, the defender Carr is trying to grab him and Beckham Jr leaps, falling backwards, catching it in the air with 3 fingers, arm stretched out above and behind his head and still manages to hang on to the ball and stay in bounds. Just watch his arm get pulled back as the catch is being made - somehow he had the strength to not only catch it but to not tear his rotator cuff.

Of course the receiver gloves help but damn that was a great catch. The circumstances matter also. If this was in the Super Bowl like the Giant's Tyree clutch helmet catch against the Pats, then it would carry more weight. In the end, Beckham Jr's catch really doesn't matter cuz the Giants lost to the Cowboys. Still fantastic to watch though.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok. we can all debate what is the greatest catch ever but I believe this has to be near the top for sure. Lynn Swann made some amazing catches in his day.

Here, the defender Carr is trying to grab him and Beckham Jr leaps, falling backwards, catching it in the air with 3 fingers, arm stretched out above and behind his head and still manages to hang on to the ball and stay in bounds. Just watch his arm get pulled back as the catch is being made - somehow he had the strength to not only catch it but to not tear his rotator cuff.

Of course the receiver gloves help but damn that was a great catch. The circumstances matter also. If this was in the Super Bowl like the Giant's Tyree clutch helmet catch against the Pats, then it would carry more weight. In the end, Beckham Jr's catch really doesn't matter cuz the Giants lost to the Cowboys. Still fantastic to watch though.

It was a stunning catch. All I'm saying is no way it is the best ever if even top 10.

And, as for the gloves, no gloves, no catch. Period. :shrug:

And I agree; if this was in a Superbowl or to win it, yeah, that makes it more better, too.

There are just TONS of amazing catches, virtually every week. And this one, he was clear. There are any number of collision catches I would rate above this. Heck, some high school kid threw a pass, it hit a defender, bounced up, the kid, the QB, followed the play and caught the thing AND took it in for a score.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think this is a better play overall because of the catch and Manning's escape from being sacked:

[video=youtube;GGSyzXKy6_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGSyzXKy6_I[/video]

Last edited: