NFL 2014 a tale of 2 conferences

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Just how bad are the teams in the NFC South? A team with 7 losses and possibly more will win the division. The entire division has only 13 wins so far. The AFC North (28 wins) on the other hand is a beast this year. That tie for the Bengals looms large and may determine who wins the division.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's a tale of two divisions.

As for the conferences, Seattle seems have gotten around to reminding everyone who won it all last year. No one is gonna want to face the 49ers who have swept the NFC East this year, and the Pats are poised having gone a brutal tear recently putting the upstart Lions and their vaunted defense back in their place.

Denver, the Colts, the vaunted AFC North, none of which are going to be favored over New England at this point.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You're right, my bad. Title should have read DIVISIONS. Stupid keyboard should type what I mean not what keys I hit.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
You're right, my bad. Title should have read DIVISIONS. Stupid keyboard should type what I mean not what keys I hit.

Wasn't that bad a typo - both make sense and are true. My B-U-C C-A-N E-E-R-S DON'T GO BUCS! really do suck, and to think that with five games left, at 2-9, they could still win the stinking division, is just preposterous, absurd, insane, etc. The NFC South is just a head scratcher trying to figure out what went wrong for the entire season for all four teams.

NE is the team to beat, it looks like.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wasn't that bad a typo - both make sense and are true. My B-U-C C-A-N E-E-R-S DON'T GO BUCS! really do suck, and to think that with five games left, at 2-9, they could still win the stinking division, is just preposterous, absurd, insane, etc. The NFC South is just a head scratcher trying to figure out what went wrong for the entire season for all four teams.

NE is the team to beat, it looks like.

Here's what happened;

Carolina played over their heads last season and this year, that guy going down on a domestic unraveled them.
The Saints? Rob Ryan happened.
The Bucs are what they are; rebuilding.
The Falcons, to me, are the mystery team. They seem to be doing the right things every year, getting better step by step but, I dunno... :shrug:

The AFC North, well, the Raven's have Flacco and Harbaugh and that makes you 50/50 to beat anybody every week.
The Steelers have Ben and stability.
The Bengals are sorta like the Falcons, seemingly doing the right things year by year and, at least in their case, are moving forward.
The Browns, man, isn't that the coach of the year?

New England isn't the team to beat. The Seahawks are. The Pats probably are, at least at this point, in the AFC but, Seattle is still deep, still talented, pretty healthy and unless and until someone stops them, they are the best team, total team, to repeat.

:buddies:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
No one is gonna want to face the 49ers who have swept the NFC East this year

I disagree. the 49ers have won but struggled lately. They got 5 INTs against the Giants and barely won (by 6) and they managed to survive against RG3 and the Redskins 17-14 (thanks to a big catches by Boldin). Their offense is having trouble and if it wasn't for their defense keeping them in the game they would be nothing. Kaepernick hasn't been consistent at all.

The true test will be on Thanksgiving when Seattle comes to town.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I disagree. the 49ers have won but struggled lately. They got 5 INTs against the Giants and barely won (by 6) and they managed to survive against RG3 and the Redskins 17-14 (thanks to a big catches by Boldin). Their offense is having trouble and if it wasn't for their defense keeping them in the game they would be nothing. Kaepernick hasn't been consistent at all.

The true test will be on Thanksgiving when Seattle comes to town.

Good point. I've already forgot about the Giant game.