Teacher Tells Child Her Mother is Not Her Teacher

BOP

This ought to get the libs all wound up.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/18721/child-told-mother-not-teacher/

"Cassidy Vines recently began noticing a change in her daughter’s behavior. The kindergartener began to 'snap' at her mother when she tried correcting the little girl’s homework. 'She told me that I was her mommy, not her teacher.'"

Cassidy asked her daughter, "Is somebody telling you this at school?"

"She said, 'Yes, I’m only allowed to learn from my teacher,'" Vines remarked.

There you have it. It doesn't matter what you and I know and can find out on our own; it's only what government-trained, and government-paid teachers are required to teach over any knowledge parents might have.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ng-a-texas-teacher-allegedly-told-one-mother/

Cassidy Vines was so horrified by what a teacher in Texas allegedly told her that she is planning on home-schooling her daughter after Christmas break.

Vines told Glenn Beck on Monday that she recently began noticing a change in her daughter’s behavior. Her daughter — who is in kindergarten — started to “snap” at her when she corrected her homework, saying “I’m her mommy, not her teacher.”

Vines said a few days after her daughter first snapped at her, she started pronouncing a word incorrectly. Vines corrected her daughter “in the most gentle way possible,” but she said her daughter broke down crying, saying “that’s how she was taught, and I can’t tell her something different because I’m a mommy, not a teacher.”

Vines said she was horrified and asked, “Is somebody telling you this at school?”

“She said, ‘Yes, I’m only allowed to learn from my teacher,’” Vines remarked.

“[The teacher] goes on to tell me that they try to discourage parents from introducing contradictory concepts to ‘our’ children,” Vines said. “Our children. As in the school’s children? I was a little baffled. And so when I started talking about my daughter, I emphasized my daughter. So I asked her, ‘Am I not allowed to help her with her homework?’”

Vines was shocked when the teacher allegedly responded that they “don’t want parents confusing the kids.”

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Send the kid to catholic school. They will beat that nonsense out of her.

Hijinx

This ought to get the libs all wound up.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/18721/child-told-mother-not-teacher/

"Cassidy Vines recently began noticing a change in her daughter’s behavior. The kindergartener began to 'snap' at her mother when she tried correcting the little girl’s homework. 'She told me that I was her mommy, not her teacher.'"

Cassidy asked her daughter, "Is somebody telling you this at school?"

"She said, 'Yes, I’m only allowed to learn from my teacher,'" Vines remarked.

There you have it. It doesn't matter what you and I know and can find out on our own; it's only what government-trained, and government-paid teachers are required to teach over any knowledge parents might have.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ng-a-texas-teacher-allegedly-told-one-mother/

Cassidy Vines was so horrified by what a teacher in Texas allegedly told her that she is planning on home-schooling her daughter after Christmas break.

Vines told Glenn Beck on Monday that she recently began noticing a change in her daughter’s behavior. Her daughter — who is in kindergarten — started to “snap” at her when she corrected her homework, saying “I’m her mommy, not her teacher.”

Vines said a few days after her daughter first snapped at her, she started pronouncing a word incorrectly. Vines corrected her daughter “in the most gentle way possible,” but she said her daughter broke down crying, saying “that’s how she was taught, and I can’t tell her something different because I’m a mommy, not a teacher.”

Vines said she was horrified and asked, “Is somebody telling you this at school?”

“She said, ‘Yes, I’m only allowed to learn from my teacher,’” Vines remarked.

“[The teacher] goes on to tell me that they try to discourage parents from introducing contradictory concepts to ‘our’ children,” Vines said. “Our children. As in the school’s children? I was a little baffled. And so when I started talking about my daughter, I emphasized my daughter. So I asked her, ‘Am I not allowed to help her with her homework?’”

Vines was shocked when the teacher allegedly responded that they “don’t want parents confusing the kids.”

Hitler had pretty much the same concept.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Send the kid to catholic school. They will beat that nonsense out of her.

:jet:

I'd have called and arranged a meeting with the head of the school board so quick, it would make the teacher's head spin.

I think we were lucky that we had a lot of positive influence from most of the teachers my children had. Most of their schools were in areas with a higher population of military folks, so maybe that is why. There were a few times when Thing2 exhibited signs that he had liberal teachers trying to influence him and I just made sure I nipped those instances in the bud when they reared their ugly heads.

I remember a few topics/situations in particular. There was the "smoking is like taking drugs" campaign, the "food pyramid-you have to eat this way" campaign, the "you can't touch me, or it's child abuse" campaign. I would just re-program his little brain and wipe that propaganda right out of it. :evil:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Even in my day, Catholic Schools didn't beat anyone.

You should have gone to my school. In first grade we had 38 kids in the class. Most days you could hear a pin drop. Because if we got out of line you may get smacked, paddled or your sideburns pulled. Then a note would go home and possibly additional punishment. With that many kids they ruled with iron fists. Today class sizes are much smaller with maybe 2 dozen kids at the most.

first grade.jpg

BOP

You should have gone to my school. In first grade we had 38 kids in the class. Most days you could hear a pin drop. Because if we got out of line you may get smacked, paddled or your sideburns pulled. Then a note would go home and possibly additional punishment. With that many kids they ruled with iron fists. Today class sizes are much smaller with maybe 2 dozen kids at the most.

View attachment 105745

That was you in the red blazer in the back, wasn't it?