Hetrosexual marriage proposals are sexist. Or something.

BOP

It's all very confusing.

I do remember my late grandmother relating, on more than one occasion, that she took a fancy to my grandfather and told her parents that "that's the guy I'm going to marry."

Strangely, my sister did exactly that same thing once her biological clock started ticking loudly. We were driving down the road in her home town when we passed a car going the opposite direction with a serious looking blond-haired young man behind the wheel. They honked and waved, then she turned to me and said, "that's the guy I'm going to marry." "Does he know that?" "Nope, not yet, but he will."

Grandma said one time "If a girl sets her cap for a guy, there's not much he can do about it. He might as well get with the program."

So anyway, all that just goes to show you that traditional heterosexual marriage proposals are sexist. Or something.

http://chicksontheright.com/posts/i...g-to-reach-for-stuff-to-be-outraged-about-now

Proposing marriage is sexist, y'all.

At least, that's according to self-described feminist Meghan DeMaria, who wrote about "The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal" in her most recent column for The Week.

According to Meghan, the modern proposal is "obviously sexist." She offers historical information on the tradition of the engagement ring, and scoffs at how those rings have allowed men to "demonstrate their control over women."

BOP

THE. BEST. RESPONSE.

First up, commenter Michael:
Michael Brenner • 8 hours ago
In the old days, cave man used to club cave woman on the head and when she woke up she was married. She got 0% control of the process. Now, after the guy spends a bunch of money on a rock, he asks the lady to marry him - giving her 100% control of the outcome.

Exactly what else does Meghan want?

Next up, Holly:
Holly Johnson -> Michael Brenner • 8 hours ago

Her own penis.

:killingme

Vince

Anti-gun, pro this, offensive that, pro abortion, pro life, pro gay, anti-gay, homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, anti-sexual, etc, etc, etc. I'm sick of the whole damn thing. Life is too short, enjoy it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
THE. BEST. RESPONSE.

First up, commenter Michael:

Next up, Holly:

:killingme

:lmao:

Why do we care what these dip####s think, anyway? Why do Chicks on the Right dig to find the most mentally ill nutter they can, and highlight them? Glenn Beck does the same thing, makes a big deal out of random crazies, like they're a majority and threat.

BOP

:lmao:

Why do we care what these dip####s think, anyway? Why do Chicks on the Right dig to find the most mentally ill nutter they can, and highlight them? Glenn Beck does the same thing, makes a big deal out of random crazies, like they're a majority and threat.

The problem is that there are so many of those nutters; people who think like them, who support them, or are at least in sympathy with them.

The problem is that those nutters are transforming our culture and its values like water erodes the bank of a river or the ocean erodes the shore.

Hijinx

The problem is that there are so many of those nutters; people who think like them, who support them, or are at least in sympathy with them.

The problem is that those nutters are transforming our culture and its values like water erodes the bank of a river or the ocean erodes the shore.

Marriage proposals should be about love and certainly sex, and not sexual role playing, plays a part in that love.
When you take a woman for your wife and live with that woman for over 50 years as I have the two of you do not fight over who is in control.
Meghan DeMaria,sounds like a feminist who has no idea what heterosexual love is.

And Yes-- Nutters like her are eroding our culture.