FedEx is the worst

Forkian

Have you ever had to call FedEx for customer service? I just got off of the phone with them to get a package re-delivered and they were no help at all. I have to go there to pick it up myself (20 miles away). I even offered to pay a separate delivery charge and they still said that was not an option. So FedEx will not take my money and they will not deliver the package to me. What a great business strategy they have going on there.
I'm done with FedEx. It's UPS for me from now on.

RPMDAD

Have had nothing but good luck with Fedex and UPS, and the Postal service here in Huntingtown, no complaints on any of them

tommyjo

Have you ever had to call FedEx for customer service? I just got off of the phone with them to get a package re-delivered and they were no help at all. I have to go there to pick it up myself (20 miles away). I even offered to pay a separate delivery charge and they still said that was not an option. So FedEx will not take my money and they will not deliver the package to me. What a great business strategy they have going on there.
I'm done with FedEx. It's UPS for me from now on.

How many times have they already tried to deliver the package???

My guess is they have already attempted to deliver on 3 occasions and you weren't available, nor made any attempt to contact their prior. The package likely requires a signature as well, right?

FedEx is paid by the shipper not the receiver. Their drivers do not take payments as that would slow deliveries and invite fraud. Their business strategy is sound. It is not FedEx's fault that you are not available to accept the package. You can go to UPS, they have the same policies.

Forkian

How many times have they already tried to deliver the package???

My guess is they have already attempted to deliver on 3 occasions and you weren't available, nor made any attempt to contact their prior. The package likely requires a signature as well, right?

FedEx is paid by the shipper not the receiver. Their drivers do not take payments as that would slow deliveries and invite fraud. Their business strategy is sound. It is not FedEx's fault that you are not available to accept the package. You can go to UPS, they have the same policies.

Tommyjo, your assumptions are way off, not even close. 1 delivery only.

PeoplesElbow

Last year UPS delivered a package to me, wrong street, wrong address, wrong name on the package. I called their customer service number, waited on hold for 30 minutes only to be asked to deliver the package myself. I told them to F Off its mine now looks like it. There was a knock on my door 10 minutes later.

SG_Player1974

I dont ship ANYTHING via FedEx or UPS ever! I always use USPS. You cannot beat the flat rate shipping or pricing. Even oversized packages are better shipped and priced unless you go overseas.

UPS Ground from west coast = Guaranteed 5 WHOLE days.
FedEx Ground from west Coast = 4-5 days minimum

USPS Flat Rate from west coast = Never more than 3 days PERIOD! And less cost!

CRHS89

Every package that I have had shipped to me through Fedex required a signature, which is a PIA when you work during the day. Is that standard on all of their deliveries?

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Every package that I have had shipped to me through Fedex required a signature, which is a PIA when you work during the day. Is that standard on all of their deliveries?

I also leave a note on my door to leave package on front porch with signature and they have always taken note as proof and left package

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Tommyjo, your assumptions are way off, not even close. 1 delivery only.

Their website says three attempts. If there was only one attempt made, I'd insist on another delivery try. Did they say they only tried once or was their a door tag that indicated the # of attempts made?

Forkian

Their website says three attempts. If there was only one attempt made, I'd insist on another delivery try. Did they say they only tried once or was their a door tag that indicated the # of attempts made?

I called customer service, they were no help so I drove there to pick it up. Then they couldn't find my package when I got there, I waited and waited....They said it wasn't there. I asked to speak to the manager and finally they found it and I drove the 20+ miles back home.

*Prior to all of this, I offered to pay them another delivery fee to bring to my house with a credit card over the phone.
Thought they were in business to make $$$. Instead it cost me time and $ due to their screw ups.

*they do not do 3 delivery attempts, at least not that they gave me any notice of. Was more like 1 and done. Come and get it or we send it back.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

The sender decides whether or not the driver leaves the package or a signature is required.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The sender decides whether or not the driver leaves the package or a signature is required.
You are correct here too! lol

Fed Ex does try to deliver 3 times. I know this because they left me 3 stickers on my front door handle. I went to Waldorf and picked it up. You can also sign an agreement with them allowing them to leave it on your doorstep. I have this with UPS.