Group Claims It Killed Captured Marine

Danzig

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124659,00.html

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....IRCDSWCRBAEKSFFA?type=topNews&storyID=5580996

DUBAI (Reuters) - The militant group the Army of Ansar al-Sunna said in an Internet statement that it had beheaded a U.S. marine kidnapped in Iraq and was holding another "infidel" hostage.
"We tell your leadership that we beheaded the marine of Lebanese origin Hassoun and you will see the film with your own eyes soon," said the Arabic-language statement, which was carried on at least two Islamic Web sites on Saturday.

Arabic television Al Jazeera last Sunday screened a video tape of militants holding a blindfolded Wassef Ali Hassoun with a sword poised over his head. They demanded the release of prisoners in Iraq.

"And we will soon issue a new tape showing a new infidel hostage," it said without giving the nationality of the hostage.

willie

Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's fledgling government, in power less than a week, may offer amnesty to Iraqi insurgents and perhaps pardon those who killed Americans.

Animal

I eat red meat
Originally posted by willie
Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's fledgling government, in power less than a week, may offer amnesty to Iraqi insurgents and perhaps pardon those who killed Americans.
From what I remember hearing and reading was that the prospect of amnesty would not be given to those participating in terrorist activities such as the beheadings. Allawi clearly stated that they would hunt down those doing these type acts (kidnap and killing) and make them pay. The amnesty was for those that had been or were still battling against coalition forces. He indicated that external insurgents would be given no quarter by Iraq's new government. I guess time will tell.

willie

Originally posted by Animal
From what I remember hearing and reading was that the prospect of amnesty would not be given to those participating in terrorist activities such as the beheadings. Allawi clearly stated that they would hunt down those doing these type acts (kidnap and killing) and make them pay. The amnesty was for those that had been or were still battling against coalition forces. He indicated that external insurgents would be given no quarter by Iraq's new government. I guess time will tell.
That is true. The headline that I referred to was in the Washington Post and I found it interesting that the headline was so far off base of the actual story.