Cyber Monday

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So all this hype about Cyber Monday - how many of you have purchased something online today already ? I bought a set of sheets for $29 + $2 shipping from Nomorerack.com. I hope the quality is decent. The last set of sheets I ordered online for a "deal" turned into a pilling mess after a few washes and I want to toss them. Another set were VERY thin ..... I could literally SEE through them.

Are YOU usually happy with your "deal" items purchased online?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
So all this hype about Cyber Monday - how many of you have purchased something online today already ? I bought a set of sheets for $29 + $2 shipping from Nomorerack.com. I hope the quality is decent. The last set of sheets I ordered online for a "deal" turned into a pilling mess after a few washes and I want to toss them. Another set were VERY thin ..... I could literally SEE through them.

I've bought something for hubby. I almost purchased the item last night and I'm glad I waited -- I got a freebie with my order and 20% off.

What type/kind of sheets did you buy? Kohls had really nice flannel sheets (that I thought about purchasing for my mom) for $15.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I've bought something for hubby. I almost purchased the item last night and I'm glad I waited -- I got a freebie with my order and 20% off.

What type/kind of sheets did you buy? Kohls had really nice flannel sheets (that I thought about purchasing for my mom) for $15.

:yay: that's right..... I ordered 2 sets for me... and a set for my father!!! :buddies:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

I got a set of sheets for Christmas last year, supposedly "nice" sheets, and noticed that shortly after getting them, they started to pill. On. One. Side.

I flipped the bottom sheet over so that the "finished" side is matchy-match with the mattress, and the "unfinished" side is face-up. The "unfinished" side has no pills.

It saved me having to place these beautiful sheets in the burn pile.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I got a set of sheets for Christmas last year, supposedly "nice" sheets, and noticed that shortly after getting them, they started to pill. On. One. Side.

I flipped the bottom sheet over so that the "finished" side is matchy-match with the mattress, and the "unfinished" side is face-up. The "unfinished" side has no pills.

It saved me having to place these beautiful sheets in the burn pile.

Good solution to use them. Thanks.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
To me, sheets are all about thread count, and the higher, generally, but not always, the better. We really like the Egyptian cotton as well. We've had the same set of sheets for our queen bed for about three years or so, getting washed once a week, and they're still in great shape.It's the towels that get all messed up, even thick ones.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
To me, sheets are all about thread count, and the higher, generally, but not always, the better. We really like the Egyptian cotton as well. We've had the same set of sheets for our queen bed for about three years or so, getting washed once a week, and they're still in great shape.It's the towels that get all messed up, even thick ones.

:yeahthat:

I have two 600 count sets. I LOVE them!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

b23hqb

PREMO Member

I've read that article last year, and others about the topic of thread count. From personal experience, I'll stick with what I know works for us, and that is the heavier the thread count with quality fabric, the overall better the longevity and comfort of the product. The cost is really not that much more.

"In Consumer Reports last sheet tests, our top-scoring percale sheet had a thread count of only 280. They were strong, shrank little, and easily fit mattresses up to 17 inches thick, even after we washed and dried them five times."

Wow. Washed five whole times. A month and a half worth? Not including activities that may or may not occur within them? Nice for the once a year guest bedroom......

Keep on buying cheap sheets from the dollar store or outlet malls. They love your money every year. Or sooner.

Last edited:

doubtfull24

All I buy is Egyptian cotton sheets! I have had mine for about 4 years " 2 Sets" and they are still in great shape. In fact the longer you use them the softer they get. My husband loves them also. We even took them with us on vacation as well. I want a new set though to match our comforter.

mamatutu

mama to two
Got great online deals today for children. Fitbit and workout armband for iphone6 for daughter, nike pro warm long underwear for landscape co. owner son in law, and golf stuff for my son from SportsAuthority and Dick's. 25% off and free shipping. Hub and I don't buy presents for each other because we do it all year long. Just a few more things to buy which I will get at Peebles and the new TJMaxx in PF. Done!