Apéritifs

TPD

the poor dad
Started to post this in 'food & nutrition' but this subject is neither.

So for those alcoholics like myself who enjoy an apéritif every evening before dinner, what is your drink of choice during the cold months? During the warm months, I enjoy margaritas, daiquiris, and the occassional ginger & Jameson or vodka & OJ. But during the winter, it is mainly red wine with an occassional grasshopper or sangria. This past holiday weekend it was fireball while visiting friends in middle America. But I'm always looking for something different. Suggestions?

TPD

the poor dad
Lately it's been Rumchata.

Have never tried it but I will now! :buddies:

I enjoy Sheridans which I can only buy when on a cruise ship. I can only manage 2 bottles per cruise along with my 2 bottles of Patrón. I can drink the 2 bottles of Sheridan in a week...

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Rumchata and Pumpkin vodka in hot pumpkin spice tea. :yum: You can thank Icit for that one.

I also really enjoy a Dark & Stormy cocktail - dark rum with ginger beer. It sounds nasty, but my husband made me try one and I'm glad he did.

However, at this particular time of the year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, my husband goes on a rum and eggnog binge.

I also enjoy spiced wine and cider.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Rumchata and Pumpkin vodka in hot pumpkin spice tea. :yum: You can thank Icit for that one.

I also really enjoy a Dark & Stormy cocktail - dark rum with ginger beer. It sounds nasty, but my husband made me try one and I'm glad he did.

However, at this particular time of the year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, my husband goes on a rum and eggnog binge.

:high5:

sangria.....

or I will do coffee, pumpkin pie vodka, Rumchata...... shake in shaker...... and serve warm...or cold.

Tami2red

Thank you Icit!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Rumchata is freakin' awesome. It's like the remaining delicious milk left after you eat some Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I also really enjoy a Dark & Stormy cocktail - dark rum with ginger beer.

Nom. But it has to be real ginger beer, not ginger ale.

Monello and I don't drink on a regular basis. I drink beer now and then, he drinks less frequently, and we occasionally get ####faced on wine when we're home and feel like it. When I am officially off work for the day, I make a cup of coffee. He drinks water.

We're boring.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
well i must be a alcoholic, yes i have many before during and after... Get up and do it again.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
that does sound good, was it ice cold? Who is maker ?

Cafe Nola in Frederick. Nice little artsy fartsy 20-30 somethings hang out place. They have 12 infused liquors in nice looking 1 gallon clear class containers with spigots on them. There was a cucumber rose mint gin something or other. I can't remember the others. Pears. Cinnamon this. They do them in house.

I got done with a set of songs and the regulars, including the only red head I've ever seen that I consider truly hot, invited me to partake. It was DAMN good.

Oh, your question. room temp

TPD

the poor dad
Lots of good ideas here! Gonna start at the top and work my way down - got a bottle of rumchata today - starting with the small one. If my typing becomes slurred later this evening, you will know I like it...