Need an active young dog to play with your dog?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My friend fully intended to keep the puppy that was turned over to us a few months ago. I even posted her baby picture to see what the guesses were on her breed mix. She was seen for her Rabies vaccination a couple months ago and the vet there said Rottie/GSD Mix. At 6 months of age she is only 32 lbs, so I don't think she's going to get too much bigger? That said, we all may be off about her breed mix? She has the curls and coloring of a Burnese Mountain dog, but those same coat characteristics apply to the Aussie shepherds too I am told, and they are a smaller breed. Without a DNA test, we may never know.

She is a looker for sure - beautiful medium length surly hair, cute as can be, and would be better off with a playmate and/or children to play with. She had to be crated recently due to activity restrictions after her spay surgery. She now can play and move around more and I see that we are holding her back by her not having another dog to play with. My big boy has issues walking/standing so she can't play with him, and Hazel is just too small and delicate to play that much.

So .............. I am wondering if anyone here has a dog in need of a playmate? I think she'd do well with another dog AND children to play with,but if all you have is another dog, that would work. My friend is realizing that this cutie pie needs to be happy, and she can't be unless she has a playmate.

I'll upload some pictures to share. If you are interested, let me know. I think once my friend sees how happy she can be with a playmate, he will feel better about letting her go to another home.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
SO.... is the dog utd on shots... housebroken????

Yes and microchipped too. She whines to go out to potty. She actually has never had an accident indoors which still amazes me. We do crate her overnight though, so that has helped with housebreaking.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
ForumRunner_20141203_123256.jpg

ForumRunner_20141203_123310.jpg

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Adorable!! My Dane (who is not even 2) prefers humans to dogs. I frequently take her to the dog park and she wants love from the 2-legged friends. :lol:

nobody really

I need a nap
she is beautiful! I'm looking into a dog, actually I'm scheduled to meet one tomorrow night. I'm not sure if I can handle two, or even do a puppy. The dog i'm meeting tomorrow is 5.....

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
This puppy is full of energy due to the fact that walks do not fulfill her desire to romp and play. We bought her a Nylabone to chew on and she hides it then chews her plastic food or water bowl (yeah you gotta love the chew phase with puppies LOL). We have board horse fencing that doesn't keep small critters in or out, so walking is our only time for her to get exercise unless she bounces up and down, back and forth in the kennel a while in good weather. Her prey drive is intact as she wants to go after the chickens, cats, and horses - we've been socializing her with cats but so far she just wants to chase them LOL. She will get over whatever she is taught to be good with, in time, early socialization helps.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
she is beautiful! I'm looking into a dog, actually I'm scheduled to meet one tomorrow night. I'm not sure if I can handle two, or even do a puppy. The dog i'm meeting tomorrow is 5.....

What is your skill level with dogs (average like most of us or highly skilled like ICit)?. This pup tends to go full steam ahead on the leash until I remind her I am taking HER for a walk, not the reverse. I also think she'd do better with an experienced dog person due to her energy level. I'm sure having another dog to play with will use up some of her pent up energy.

There is a beautiful pit girl also recently spayed with high energy that is available for adoption (owner died a few months ago) and I think she and that pit would be perfect for each other, but trying to place 2 dogs isn't easy, especially 2 high energy dogs. I should let them meet just in case huh? If someone wants her picture let me know, I think she is 4 years old. The relative can't keep her as they already have several dogs to deal with and she's been alone in the house of the deceased owner(other than the care visits of the relative) now for many months.

nobody really

I need a nap
What is your skill level with dogs (average like most of us or highly skilled like ICit)?. This pup tends to go full steam ahead on the leash until I remind her I am taking HER for a walk, not the reverse. I also think she'd do better with an experienced dog person due to her energy level. I'm sure having another dog to play with will use up some of her pent up energy.

There is a beautiful pit girl also recently spayed with high energy that is available for adoption (owner died a few months ago) and I think she and that pit would be perfect for each other, but trying to place 2 dogs isn't easy, especially 2 high energy dogs. I should let them meet just in case huh? If someone wants her picture let me know, I think she is 4 years old. The relative can't keep her as they already have several dogs to deal with and she's been alone in the house of the deceased owner(other than the care visits of the relative) now for many months.

I guess i'm average. grew up around dogs all my life, just haven't had one since my divorce. Had seven at one time when I was married, three fosters and one I was watching and the other three were mine.

Still on the fence, but i'll let you know how it goes tonight.

Roman

I guess i'm average. grew up around dogs all my life, just haven't had one since my divorce. Had seven at one time when I was married, three fosters and one I was watching and the other three were mine.

Are you thinking of giving her a try? I hope that it works out. Keep us posted if you do. We all love "Dog goes home for Christmas" stories.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

WOW I consider you to be more than the average dog person with all that experience!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
so do I!!!!

Come on Beachcat.....

I am with so many people when I say this ...... I can't even imagine living my life without critters! I whine about being tired all the time, but I'd rather be tired than have spare time on my hands with no critters. Not a day goes by that I don't smile, chuckle, or outright LOL at something one of the critters is doing.

I was in the kitty room and after all the "hi there, how are ya' "petting all subsided, I just sat there like I fly on the wall. The kitties pretty much forgot I was there. MaryAnn started stalking another kitty and it was hilarious! That girl is the ring-leader for playing ! Ginger went after Mrs. Howell and I giggled. I try to keep straight who likes to play with who, so I can at least make recommendations in case someone is interested in 2 kitties, I'd have a buddy to recommend, you know? Little Smokey is 6 months old and he's just a lovebug ... BUT don't touch his belly - he doesn't like his belly rubbed, I found out LOL

Roman

I am with so many people when I say this ...... I can't even imagine living my life without critters! I whine about being tired all the time, but I'd rather be tired than have spare time on my hands with no critters. Not a day goes by that I don't smile, chuckle, or outright LOL at something one of the critters is doing.

I was in the kitty room and after all the "hi there, how are ya' "petting all subsided, I just sat there like I fly on the wall. The kitties pretty much forgot I was there. MaryAnn started stalking another kitty and it was hilarious! That girl is the ring-leader for playing ! Ginger went after Mrs. Howell and I giggled. I try to keep straight who likes to play with who, so I can at least make recommendations in case someone is interested in 2 kitties, I'd have a buddy to recommend, you know? Little Smokey is 6 months old and he's just a lovebug ... BUT don't touch his belly - he doesn't like his belly rubbed, I found out LOL
A few years ago, when my dog Molly died, my Mother said, "Now you are free, why would you want to get another dog at your age"? I'm 60 now, and still can't imagine what it would be like without my pets. I have 2 parrots, 2 dogs, 10 chickens, 1 peacock, and 3 cats. I also have 4 aquariums dotted around the house. I don't feel like any of my animals are holding me back from doing what I want to do. I have 2 turtles too. They bring me more joy than I can describe.