Refilling automatic shower cleaner

imaref

Call me cheap but this is going to save me lots of money...

I have a Scrubbing Bubbles brand shower cleaner where you press the button after you close the shower curtain/door and it sprays cleaner all over the tile on all sides inside of the shower (battery operated). It works great, but the refill bottles of cleaner are not cheap and I was going through a bottle every two weeks. I kept an empty refill bottle to see if I could fill it with something else that would still work.

I was at Walmart and in the cleaning aisle they had a floor display for Lysol clean and fresh multipurpose cleaner (scent is peony blossom and white peach, but they also have other scents) and they are in HUGE bottles for a great price.

I bought a couple of them and when I got home I cut a hole in the bottom of the empty refill bottle (which is actually the top side when installed) and put it back in the machine. I used a funnel and filled the empty refill bottle halfway with water, then 6 capfuls of the new Lysol cleaner, then the rest with water and shook it gently. WOW. It works better than the original cleaner. It smells great and the tile sparkles!

Hope I save someone out there some money!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Call me cheap but this is going to save me lots of money...

I have a Scrubbing Bubbles brand shower cleaner where you press the button after you close the shower curtain/door and it sprays cleaner all over the tile on all sides inside of the shower (battery operated). It works great, but the refill bottles of cleaner are not cheap and I was going through a bottle every two weeks. I kept an empty refill bottle to see if I could fill it with something else that would still work.

I was at Walmart and in the cleaning aisle they had a floor display for Lysol clean and fresh multipurpose cleaner (scent is peony blossom and white peach, but they also have other scents) and they are in HUGE bottles for a great price.

I bought a couple of them and when I got home I cut a hole in the bottom of the empty refill bottle (which is actually the top side when installed) and put it back in the machine. I used a funnel and filled the empty refill bottle halfway with water, then 6 capfuls of the new Lysol cleaner, then the rest with water and shook it gently. WOW. It works better than the original cleaner. It smells great and the tile sparkles!

Hope I save someone out there some money!

How does it clean the wall you attach it to?

imaref

I'm actually on my 4th unit. When they go bad, I call the 800 number listed on their website and each time they've sent me a coupon for a free replacement.