Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: Piece of $hit Neighbor

  1. #1
    Smilin on a cloudy day wharf rat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Some Dark Hollow
    Posts
    1,443

    Piece of $hit Neighbor

    Let our dog out this morning and once again the neighbors dog is wandering through our yard. They fought (through the fence) and now our dog is hurt. She's hunched over and not walking very well.

    Multiple neighbors have complained. Animal control knows the situation with this guy. He's been to court but manages to get out of it every time.

    I could call A.C. but unless it's on video or they actually see it, it's pointless. He knows and plays the system to his advantage. Lately, it seems he's always out during the evening and early morning dark hours, when A.C.'s not on duty. Hard to film him then as well. Sometimes he's with the dog and sometimes not.

    What's it going to take?

    It's taking a lot for me, not to go and beat his ass down right now, but that's just what he wants.

    If the vet says something's seriously wrong I may just give in.

    I really need to know what I can do legally, on my own, just to keep the dog from roaming through the property. It's nothing against A.C. but the system's not working in this case.

    It's honestly to the point that I'd shoot the dog (or better yet the neighbor) if I could legally.

    For anybody who knows me, yeah, that's how bad it's gotten.
    Everything offends somebody. Why not just be fair and offend everybody then watch the show?

  2. #2
    Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    California, MD
    Posts
    13,808
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wharf rat View Post
    Let our dog out this morning and once again the neighbors dog is wandering through our yard. They fought (through the fence) and now our dog is hurt. She's hunched over and not walking very well.

    Multiple neighbors have complained. Animal control knows the situation with this guy. He's been to court but manages to get out of it every time.

    I could call A.C. but unless it's on video or they actually see it, it's pointless. He knows and plays the system to his advantage. Lately, it seems he's always out during the evening and early morning dark hours, when A.C.'s not on duty. Hard to film him then as well. Sometimes he's with the dog and sometimes not.

    What's it going to take?

    It's taking a lot for me, not to go and beat his ass down right now, but that's just what he wants.

    If the vet says something's seriously wrong I may just give in.

    I really need to know what I can do legally, on my own, just to keep the dog from roaming through the property. It's nothing against A.C. but the system's not working in this case.

    It's honestly to the point that I'd shoot the dog (or better yet the neighbor) if I could legally.

    For anybody who knows me, yeah, that's how bad it's gotten.
    You could just trap it and put it in the outside storage units at tricounty. If he's going to let it run loose, what are the chances he'd put forth any effort to retrieve it.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

  3. #3
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    125,867
    Blog Entries
    2
    More information is needed.

    Is the neighbor's yard fenced as well, or just on the part where your fence is?

    You say the dog comes into your yard - is this your front yard or does it breach the fence?

    You didn't move into Frequentflier's old house, did you?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #4
    Smilin on a cloudy day wharf rat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Some Dark Hollow
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    You could just trap it and put it in the outside storage units at tricounty. If he's going to let it run loose, what are the chances he'd put forth any effort to retrieve it.

    That's happened at least a half dozen times with one neighbor alone. The neighbor got sick of wasting his gas. He just pays the fine and it starts over. He'll even sue claiming you stole the dog in the case of another neighbor.

    It's all been done. Simple next to nothing fines that can be appealed. Been happening for years now.
    Everything offends somebody. Why not just be fair and offend everybody then watch the show?

  5. #5
    Smilin on a cloudy day wharf rat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Some Dark Hollow
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    More information is needed.

    Is the neighbor's yard fenced as well, or just on the part where your fence is?

    You say the dog comes into your yard - is this your front yard or does it breach the fence?

    You didn't move into Frequentflier's old house, did you?
    Our yard and our fence. He lives 1/4 mile down the road and roams his dog off leash.

    We didn't buy FF's house.

    You went on a "business" date with him once. Remember, cloth napkin and all?
    Everything offends somebody. Why not just be fair and offend everybody then watch the show?

  6. #6
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    40,976
    Quote Originally Posted by wharf rat View Post

    What's it going to take?


    shoot the other dog for being in your yard
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  7. #7
    Smilin on a cloudy day wharf rat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In Some Dark Hollow
    Posts
    1,443
    Off to an appointment.
    Everything offends somebody. Why not just be fair and offend everybody then watch the show?

  8. #8
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    125,867
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by wharf rat View Post
    You went on a "business" date with him once. Remember, cloth napkin and all?
    Ahhh... THAT ahole.

    I think you should set his house on fire and puncture his car tires. Shoot out his windows with a pellet gun. Plant drugs on him and call the cops.

    Seriously, have you tried calling the cops and seeing what they advise? There has to be a way to keep this guy from bothering you.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  9. #9
    Oldtimer Ken King's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Up the hill and down the holler
    Posts
    15,280
    Quote Originally Posted by wharf rat View Post
    Let our dog out this morning and once again the neighbors dog is wandering through our yard. They fought (through the fence) and now our dog is hurt. She's hunched over and not walking very well.

    Multiple neighbors have complained. Animal control knows the situation with this guy. He's been to court but manages to get out of it every time.

    I could call A.C. but unless it's on video or they actually see it, it's pointless. He knows and plays the system to his advantage. Lately, it seems he's always out during the evening and early morning dark hours, when A.C.'s not on duty. Hard to film him then as well. Sometimes he's with the dog and sometimes not.

    What's it going to take?

    It's taking a lot for me, not to go and beat his ass down right now, but that's just what he wants.

    If the vet says something's seriously wrong I may just give in.

    I really need to know what I can do legally, on my own, just to keep the dog from roaming through the property. It's nothing against A.C. but the system's not working in this case.

    It's honestly to the point that I'd shoot the dog (or better yet the neighbor) if I could legally.

    For anybody who knows me, yeah, that's how bad it's gotten.
    Your dog was injured, so that would classify the "at large" dog as a dangerous/vicious animal, call animal control and report it. On the next instance, if in St. Mary's, you can then "use any force necessary to defend against any dog(s) found out of the enclosure of its owner or custodian and not under his immediate care in the act of attacking any animal."

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    Your dog was injured, so that would classify the "at large" dog as a dangerous/vicious animal, call animal control and report it. On the next instance, if in St. Mary's, you can then "use any force necessary to defend against any dog(s) found out of the enclosure of its owner or custodian and not under his immediate care in the act of attacking any animal."
    Yep. But if you shoot it, don't take selfies and post them to Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Ok, I am wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |