Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Piece of $hit Neighbor

Smilin on a cloudy day wharf rat's Avatar

Piece of $hit Neighbor

Let our dog out this morning and once again the neighbors dog is wandering through our yard. They fought (through the fence) and now our dog is hurt. She's hunched over and not walking very well.

Multiple neighbors have complained. Animal control knows the situation with this guy. He's been to court but manages to get out of it every time.

I could call A.C. but unless it's on video or they actually see it, it's pointless. He knows and plays the system to his advantage. Lately, it seems he's always out during the evening and early morning dark hours, when A.C.'s not on duty. Hard to film him then as well. Sometimes he's with the dog and sometimes not.

What's it going to take?

It's taking a lot for me, not to go and beat his ass down right now, but that's just what he wants.

If the vet says something's seriously wrong I may just give in.

I really need to know what I can do legally, on my own, just to keep the dog from roaming through the property. It's nothing against A.C. but the system's not working in this case.

It's honestly to the point that I'd shoot the dog (or better yet the neighbor) if I could legally.

For anybody who knows me, yeah, that's how bad it's gotten.
    If it's got titties, or tires you know it's gonna be trouble. - Words of wisdom from my Uncle John.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wharf rat View Post
    Let our dog out this morning and once again the neighbors dog is wandering through our yard. They fought (through the fence) and now our dog is hurt. She's hunched over and not walking very well.

Multiple neighbors have complained. Animal control knows the situation with this guy. He's been to court but manages to get out of it every time.

I could call A.C. but unless it's on video or they actually see it, it's pointless. He knows and plays the system to his advantage. Lately, it seems he's always out during the evening and early morning dark hours, when A.C.'s not on duty. Hard to film him then as well. Sometimes he's with the dog and sometimes not.

What's it going to take?

It's taking a lot for me, not to go and beat his ass down right now, but that's just what he wants.

I really need to know what I can do legally, on my own, just to keep the dog from roaming through the property. It's nothing against A.C. but the system's not working in this case.

It's honestly to the point that I'd shoot the dog (or better yet the neighbor) if I could legally.

You could just trap it and put it in the outside storage units at tricounty. If he's going to let it run loose, what are the chances he'd put forth any effort to retrieve it.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Blog Entries
    More information is needed.

Is the neighbor's yard fenced as well, or just on the part where your fence is?

You say the dog comes into your yard - is this your front yard or does it breach the fence?

You didn't move into Frequentflier's old house, did you?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    You could just trap it and put it in the outside storage units at tricounty. If he's going to let it run loose, what are the chances he'd put forth any effort to retrieve it.

That's happened at least a half dozen times with one neighbor alone. The neighbor got sick of wasting his gas. He just pays the fine and it starts over. He'll even sue claiming you stole the dog in the case of another neighbor.

It's all been done. Simple next to nothing fines that can be appealed. Been happening for years now.
    If it's got titties, or tires you know it's gonna be trouble. - Words of wisdom from my Uncle John.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    More information is needed.

Is the neighbor's yard fenced as well, or just on the part where your fence is?

You say the dog comes into your yard - is this your front yard or does it breach the fence?

You didn't move into Frequentflier's old house, did you?
    Our yard and our fence. He lives 1/4 mile down the road and roams his dog off leash.

We didn't buy FF's house.

You went on a "business" date with him once. Remember, cloth napkin and all?

What's it going to take?

shoot the other dog for being in your yard
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Off to an appointment.

Blog Entries
    You went on a "business" date with him once. Remember, cloth napkin and all?
    Ahhh... THAT ahole.

I think you should set his house on fire and puncture his car tires. Shoot out his windows with a pellet gun. Plant drugs on him and call the cops.

Seriously, have you tried calling the cops and seeing what they advise? There has to be a way to keep this guy from bothering you.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

What's it going to take?

Your dog was injured, so that would classify the "at large" dog as a dangerous/vicious animal, call animal control and report it. On the next instance, if in St. Mary's, you can then "use any force necessary to defend against any dog(s) found out of the enclosure of its owner or custodian and not under his immediate care in the act of attacking any animal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    Your dog was injured, so that would classify the "at large" dog as a dangerous/vicious animal, call animal control and report it. On the next instance, if in St. Mary's, you can then "use any force necessary to defend against any dog(s) found out of the enclosure of its owner or custodian and not under his immediate care in the act of attacking any animal."
    Yep. But if you shoot it, don't take selfies and post them to Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Ok, I am wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 2