Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Piece of $hit Neighbor

oh what a mess. Keep us posted on how things go.
    Its a shame youth is wasted on young people

what I would do... is on the out side of your fence install an electric fence STRONG enough to keep moose and large animals enclosed... that should get the dogs attention...

Some people are like Slinkies.... not really good for anything,
    but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Amount of F##Ks given, 0 afjess1989's Avatar
    I have a friend that went through something similar. she had a fenced in yard and had a small dog. well her neighbor's dog kept digging under the fence and tried to attack of their small dog. one day he did attack and he ended up seriously hurting the dog and the dog had to be put down. She had taken pictures of the damage to the fence and pictures of the dog in her yard on more than one occasion. she took her neighbor to court and sued for damage to the fence, medical bills for the dog having to be put down and a little extra for emotional distress and she won. Was awarded everything and the man had to give up his dog.
    "I dont always vote, but when i do I vote for whoever can handle their shenanigans better. "

Smilin on a cloudy day wharf rat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    Your dog was injured, so that would classify the "at large" dog as a dangerous/vicious animal, call animal control and report it. On the next instance, if in St. Mary's, you can then "use any force necessary to defend against any dog(s) found out of the enclosure of its owner or custodian and not under his immediate care in the act of attacking any animal."
    Would this be the case in Calvert? Please let it be so.
    If it's got titties, or tires you know it's gonna be trouble. - Words of wisdom from my Uncle John.

Quote Originally Posted by ginwoman View Post
    oh what a mess. Keep us posted on how things go.
    She's okay. Just some tenderness in her back leg.
    If it's got titties, or tires you know it's gonna be trouble. - Words of wisdom from my Uncle John.

Quote Originally Posted by ICit View Post
    what I would do... is on the out side of your fence install an electric fence STRONG enough to keep moose and large animals enclosed... that should get the dogs attention...

This crossed my mind and may be the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Ahhh... THAT ahole.

I think you should set his house on fire and puncture his car tires. Shoot out his windows with a pellet gun. Plant drugs on him and call the cops.

Seriously, have you tried calling the cops and seeing what they advise? There has to be a way to keep this guy from bothering you.

Yes, we have called and get passed through to animal control who, unless they can see it happening or presented with clear video can't or won't do anything.

It's all hearsay until they see it happening.

And for the record, it's a gorgeous German Shepherd that I would hate to harm. It's not the dogs fault but I'm over that at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by wharf rat View Post
    Would this be the case in Calvert? Please let it be so.
    Calvert Animal Control regulations:

http://www.co.cal.md.us/DocumentCenter/View/2275
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Ok, I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wharf rat View Post
    And for the record, it's a gorgeous German Shepherd that I would hate to harm. It's not the dogs fault but I'm over that at this point.
    how big is your back yard? and I guess its a chain link fence?

the electric fence is perfect.... 3 ft to be on the safe side.... and use 3 wires... LOL this way if he tries to squeeze thru he will get the shock of his life.. it wont take long for him to figure it out.
    Some people are like Slinkies.... not really good for anything,
    but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Members who have read this thread: 2