Piece of $hit Neighbor

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Let our dog out this morning and once again the neighbors dog is wandering through our yard. They fought (through the fence) and now our dog is hurt. She's hunched over and not walking very well.

Multiple neighbors have complained. Animal control knows the situation with this guy. He's been to court but manages to get out of it every time.

I could call A.C. but unless it's on video or they actually see it, it's pointless. He knows and plays the system to his advantage. Lately, it seems he's always out during the evening and early morning dark hours, when A.C.'s not on duty. Hard to film him then as well. Sometimes he's with the dog and sometimes not.

What's it going to take?

It's taking a lot for me, not to go and beat his ass down right now, but that's just what he wants.

If the vet says something's seriously wrong I may just give in.

I really need to know what I can do legally, on my own, just to keep the dog from roaming through the property. It's nothing against A.C. but the system's not working in this case.

It's honestly to the point that I'd shoot the dog (or better yet the neighbor) if I could legally.

For anybody who knows me, yeah, that's how bad it's gotten.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Let our dog out this morning and once again the neighbors dog is wandering through our yard. They fought (through the fence) and now our dog is hurt. She's hunched over and not walking very well.

Multiple neighbors have complained. Animal control knows the situation with this guy. He's been to court but manages to get out of it every time.

I could call A.C. but unless it's on video or they actually see it, it's pointless. He knows and plays the system to his advantage. Lately, it seems he's always out during the evening and early morning dark hours, when A.C.'s not on duty. Hard to film him then as well. Sometimes he's with the dog and sometimes not.

What's it going to take?

It's taking a lot for me, not to go and beat his ass down right now, but that's just what he wants.

I really need to know what I can do legally, on my own, just to keep the dog from roaming through the property. It's nothing against A.C. but the system's not working in this case.

It's honestly to the point that I'd shoot the dog (or better yet the neighbor) if I could legally.

You could just trap it and put it in the outside storage units at tricounty. If he's going to let it run loose, what are the chances he'd put forth any effort to retrieve it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
More information is needed.

Is the neighbor's yard fenced as well, or just on the part where your fence is?

You say the dog comes into your yard - is this your front yard or does it breach the fence?

You didn't move into Frequentflier's old house, did you?

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
You could just trap it and put it in the outside storage units at tricounty. If he's going to let it run loose, what are the chances he'd put forth any effort to retrieve it.

That's happened at least a half dozen times with one neighbor alone. The neighbor got sick of wasting his gas. He just pays the fine and it starts over. He'll even sue claiming you stole the dog in the case of another neighbor.

It's all been done. Simple next to nothing fines that can be appealed. Been happening for years now.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
More information is needed.

Is the neighbor's yard fenced as well, or just on the part where your fence is?

You say the dog comes into your yard - is this your front yard or does it breach the fence?

You didn't move into Frequentflier's old house, did you?

Our yard and our fence. He lives 1/4 mile down the road and roams his dog off leash.

We didn't buy FF's house.:lmao:

You went on a "business" date with him once. Remember, cloth napkin and all?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You went on a "business" date with him once. Remember, cloth napkin and all?

Ahhh... THAT ahole.

I think you should set his house on fire and puncture his car tires. Shoot out his windows with a pellet gun. Plant drugs on him and call the cops.

Seriously, have you tried calling the cops and seeing what they advise? There has to be a way to keep this guy from bothering you.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

What's it going to take?

Your dog was injured, so that would classify the "at large" dog as a dangerous/vicious animal, call animal control and report it. On the next instance, if in St. Mary's, you can then "use any force necessary to defend against any dog(s) found out of the enclosure of its owner or custodian and not under his immediate care in the act of attacking any animal."

MMDad

Lem Putt
Your dog was injured, so that would classify the "at large" dog as a dangerous/vicious animal, call animal control and report it. On the next instance, if in St. Mary's, you can then "use any force necessary to defend against any dog(s) found out of the enclosure of its owner or custodian and not under his immediate care in the act of attacking any animal."

Yep. But if you shoot it, don't take selfies and post them to Facebook.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
what I would do... is on the out side of your fence install an electric fence STRONG enough to keep moose and large animals enclosed... that should get the dogs attention...

:coffee:

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I have a friend that went through something similar. she had a fenced in yard and had a small dog. well her neighbor's dog kept digging under the fence and tried to attack of their small dog. one day he did attack and he ended up seriously hurting the dog and the dog had to be put down. She had taken pictures of the damage to the fence and pictures of the dog in her yard on more than one occasion. she took her neighbor to court and sued for damage to the fence, medical bills for the dog having to be put down and a little extra for emotional distress and she won. Was awarded everything and the man had to give up his dog.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day

Would this be the case in Calvert? Please let it be so.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
what I would do... is on the out side of your fence install an electric fence STRONG enough to keep moose and large animals enclosed... that should get the dogs attention...

:coffee:

This crossed my mind and may be the next step.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Ahhh... THAT ahole.

I think you should set his house on fire and puncture his car tires. Shoot out his windows with a pellet gun. Plant drugs on him and call the cops.

Seriously, have you tried calling the cops and seeing what they advise? There has to be a way to keep this guy from bothering you.

Yes, we have called and get passed through to animal control who, unless they can see it happening or presented with clear video can't or won't do anything.

It's all hearsay until they see it happening.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
And for the record, it's a gorgeous German Shepherd that I would hate to harm. It's not the dogs fault but I'm over that at this point.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
And for the record, it's a gorgeous German Shepherd that I would hate to harm. It's not the dogs fault but I'm over that at this point.

how big is your back yard? and I guess its a chain link fence?

the electric fence is perfect.... 3 ft to be on the safe side.... and use 3 wires... LOL this way if he tries to squeeze thru he will get the shock of his life.. it wont take long for him to figure it out.