Who knows about the signs on 228?

voodoochil3

Right on the PG/Charles county boarder (close to 228/Bennsville Rd intersection, heading into Waldorf), there are a bunch of anti-Obama signs. A few are cut-outs of pigs with the communist symbol and the word Obama. One is a large penis and testicles with the communist symbol and obama on it. It's absolutely hilarious, but I'd love to know how a huge #### and balls has been allowed to be up since Thanksgiving. What's the 411?

Freefaller

Right on the PG/Charles county boarder (close to 228/Bennsville Rd intersection, heading into Waldorf), there are a bunch of anti-Obama signs. A few are cut-outs of pigs with the communist symbol and the word Obama. One is a large penis and testicles with the communist symbol and obama on it. It's absolutely hilarious, but I'd love to know how a huge #### and balls has been allowed to be up since Thanksgiving. What's the 411?

Well, we've had a huge D*** in the white house for 6 years so what's the big deal?

mamatutu

mama to two

Americans made a statement in the last election, so this is another way of making a statement. I am surprised they haven't been removed, as well. I never pass that way, so thanks for posting. You made my day! :smile:

acommondisaster

They've been there since at least before the last election. I'll see if I can find the FB post that mentioned who they belong to.

SoMdDude

I live close to where this is, and noticed it about the time when the leaves fell off the trees there... at first I thought the one
was a pig, but noticed it was a penis lol It just after the welcome to charles county sign

Hannibal

I saw these as well. They are at that 2nd light as you come onto 228 from 210 - right at the swamp and bridge. I pointed it out to my wife and we had a laugh. I just assumed they had just been put up and didn't think they'd stay up long. This was back around Thanksgiving.

I guess there aren't enough people who "care" enough to take it down. That in itself is a statement. One would think that if there was a large population of offended people - it would be taken down.

I am personally curious how they got them up there in the first place. It's some pretty mucky earth over there and these aren't driven into the ground.

Booboo3604

Pics

I stopped last month and took pics to post to FB. I didn't take pics of the pigs as I had seen them before. To note, behind the sign/fence, it is a pretty steep drop off into a big valley. That sign is way up there in a tree. The poster probably did that to ensure it would be difficult to take down. He was committed!

Obama.jpg Obama1.jpg

Last edited:

bilbur

I do wonder if a republican gets into office in 2016 and after a few years someone were to put up signs with the same message how many people would be complaining about it being disrespectful and uncalled-for. This is not a comment about anyone on here, I am referring to the news organizations and radical right wingers. Since I am independent I watch a few different news organizations with different political agendas. I always thought it was funny how they all contradict themselves and nothing ever seems to change. I, personally think the signs are hilarious and I am in no way happy with the way things are going but I also don't think anything will change if a republican takes office. All we will get is at least 4 years of I couldn't clean up Obamas mess just like we heard from Obama supporters when Bush left. Oh well, at least some of the back and forth is entertaining like these signs.

Stew

I also don't think anything will change if a republican takes office. All we will get is at least 4 years of I couldn't clean up Obamas mess just like we heard from Obama supporters when Bush left.

True. If anything, things will get worse! All Republicans care about is making the rich richer and can give a damn about the poor and middle class which are 99% of Americans. "Tax breaks will create jobs" ... yea overseas while greedy execs stuff more $ in their pockets. " Let's get rid of Obamacare".. yea so insurance companies can continue to make record profits while older people living on fixed incomes and/or without insurance can die off quicker and broke. Wake up people.

Last edited:

officeguy

I have talked to the guy who owns the land before. I didn't ask about the signs, but he'll give you his opinion of the O unsolicited. I dont think he would go through the trouble of climbing a tree for this, but I doubt he is unhappy about them being up there.

flowerlover

I actually hadn't seen those Obama signs. I thought initially you were talking about the sign that says something like "Welcome to Charles County, the most taxed county in the state" and then says "What's in your wallet?" Don't know how I missed the other ones that are off in the woods.