Where to list a job?

jp71

Need advice on finding someone to help my husband with his mobile oil change business (a part time helper to do work when my husband is on another job). A retiree would be perfect but where to look? I really hate Craigslist for stuff like this. Too many weirdos.

mamatutu

mama to two
True. We listed a Jeep 2 years ago on somd classifieds and it sold in 1 day. A very good site to use.

tommyjo

Need advice on finding someone to help my husband with his mobile oil change business (a part time helper to do work when my husband is on another job). A retiree would be perfect but where to look? I really hate Craigslist for stuff like this. Too many weirdos.

If you want a retiree, try you county Department of Aging and visit your local Department of Labor office. Post notices where seniors hand out, American Legion, VFW, Senior Centers. Let your friends know you want to hire someone. There should be little need to do actual advertising. Word of mouth should accomplish your task and reduce the time wasted talking to unqualified people or weirdos. Advertising is a lousy way to find an employee...answering an ad is also a lousy way to find an employer.

I have no idea what selling a Jeep has to do with hiring a competent employee.

SG_Player1974

True. We listed a Jeep 2 years ago on somd classifieds and it sold in 1 day. A very good site to use.

I have listed a few things for sale on here. My advice for someone would be that they should be prepared to treat it like a yard sale. No matter what I was selling, people would try to get it for nothing!

I'd be selling something for $50 that would normally go for $150 in the same condition elsewhere and I would have people offering me $5 or $10 for it! Really??!

GregV814

If you want a retiree, try you county Department of Aging and visit your local Department of Labor office. Post notices where seniors hand out, American Legion, VFW, Senior Centers. Let your friends know you want to hire someone. There should be little need to do actual advertising. Word of mouth should accomplish your task and reduce the time wasted talking to unqualified people or weirdos. Advertising is a lousy way to find an employee...answering an ad is also a lousy way to find an employer.

Well, once again, our resident fool has shown her azz.....Look lady, she was suggesting the SoMd classifieds worked for selling their Jeep. In other words people who bought her Jeep actually read the ad on SoMd.com

jp71

Thanks

Good thinking Tommy Jo - appreciate the advice.

NTNG

And yet people do it successfully all the time.

Agreed. My wife was recently hired by someone who advertised the position in the classifieds here on Somd.com. She is very happy with the job, and her employers seems happy with her.