Geminid meteor shower this weekend

Popster

From Spaceweather.com

Geminids range in brightness from near-invisibility to shadow-casting fireballs. In recent nights, lunar glare has interfered with the visibility of fainter meteors. This will change in the nights ahead as the Moon wanes and Earth moves deeper into the Geminid debris stream. Forecasters expect the shower to peak on Dec. 13-14 with as many as 120 meteors per hour. Wherever you live, the best time to look is during the hours between midnight and dawn on Saturday and Sunday.

RPMDAD

My sonster and his buddy were out about 1 am and said they saw several and that it was pretty cool seeing them.

Goldenhawk

We laid out on the driveway (sleeping bags and all that) for about 45 minutes and saw about 25, most very bright, including two fireballs that spanned half the sky and took a couple seconds to fade. If you can spare some time to relax, and you can keep your eyes open that late, it's worth watching.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I saw on the news this morning that you should be able to see them tonight before 11:30. I went outside around 1am this morning and within a minute I saw 1 but no more for the next 10 minutes.

mamatutu

mama to two
I went out last night. Freezing!! brrr....Saw 4 in 5 minutes or so. I found that you have to stare at one spot in the sky. If you keep looking around, you will miss them. You will see a flash in your peripheral vision, and then turn your head and it is gone! They are so fast! Beautiful to watch. Thanks, Pop, for the heads up on one of Mother Nature's most awesome events.

mamatutu

mama to two
Just went out again. Totally overcast. Not a star in the sky. Oh, well. Glad I got to see some last night. Good night.