Us flag

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
No.

Colorado Governor Hickenlooper has ordered flags lowered to half-staff statewide on all public buildings from sunrise on Thursday, December 11, 2014 until sunset on December 14, 2014 in honor of U.S. Air Force Captain William DuBois of New Castle, Colorado. DuBois died on November 30th in the Middle East when his F-16 Fighting Falcon crashed while returning to base.

Might be just CO. They brought the body of an Air Force pilot that crashed in Jordan last week home to Grand Junction yesterday. Married 2 months.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Damn, just damn. Such a shame.

Yes, it is. It should serve as a reminder that not putting boots on the ground does not necessarily mean American servicemen and women will not be injured or killed.
I don't think the American people realize the dangers to the pilots, in particular those flying off carriers. We are lead to believe it's the best way.

bilbur

Yes, it is. It should serve as a reminder that not putting boots on the ground does not necessarily mean American servicemen and women will not be injured or killed.
I don't think the American people realize the dangers to the pilots, in particular those flying off carriers. We are lead to believe it's the best way.

To me, the best way is drones. This allows our service men and women to fight without even being on the same continent. Unfortunately this is still an emerging technology and is very expensive. I doubt I will live to see a US where it is not necessary for human boots on the ground but eventually I believe drones and robots will do our fighting for us.

H

Hodr

I doubt I will live to see a US where it is not necessary for human boots on the ground but eventually I believe drones and robots will do our fighting for us.

Then when others catch up to us technology wise, our robots can fight their robots and finally my favorite giant mech fighting game from 1994 (Rise of the Robots) will be realized!