Best oysters evah

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just got back from the final Tall Timbers oyster event of the season. Scalded, roasted, frittered, fried,......didn't have enough room left for the stew. :drool:

Those Herring Creek oysters are monsters.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
are those farmed?

Yes they are. Their oyster "ranch" is producing some remarkable oysters and at an impressive rate too. They are actually running in to an unexpected problem....many of the oysters grow to be too large for steaming, roasting or raw. I had a dozen a couple weeks, steamed, where I had to cut most of them in half to eat them. Not that I minded, of course.....

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
thanks, i've been spoiled with access to Chincoteague oysters (ever had them, very salty!!!) and Slungers type are not my favorites ;-)))) But am willing to give them a try, any specific seafood places that are selling them ?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
thanks, i've been spoiled with access to Chincoteague oysters (ever had them, very salty!!!) and Slungers type are not my favorites ;-)))) But am willing to give them a try, any specific seafood places that are selling them ?

I'm not sure who the TT oysters are being sold to. They are - or have - sold them by the bushel, but are not selling them shucked as far as I know.

Yes they are. Their oyster "ranch" is producing some remarkable oysters and at an impressive rate too. They are actually running in to an unexpected problem....many of the oysters grow to be too large for steaming, roasting or raw. I had a dozen a couple weeks, steamed, where I had to cut most of them in half to eat them. Not that I minded, of course.....

Great news.