Natural gas hot water heaters

mus

Hey all, I'm looking for a 75 gallon, natural gas, hot water heater with a power vent exhaust. Lowe's has one that they need to special order. Dyson doesn't have a 75 gallon heater and Sears doesn't have much. I'm in Lexington Park. I'm thinking I may have to go to a plumber or plumbing supply place. Can anyone offer some insight? I'm looking for more than the one option I have at Lowe's. I'm trying to do this locally, but if that's not an option, then so be it. TIA.

Daddio

Hey all, I'm looking for a 75 gallon, natural gas, hot water heater with a power vent exhaust. Lowe's has one that they need to special order. Dyson doesn't have a 75 gallon heater and Sears doesn't have much. I'm in Lexington Park. I'm thinking I may have to go to a plumber or plumbing supply place. Can anyone offer some insight? I'm looking for more than the one option I have at Lowe's. I'm trying to do this locally, but if that's not an option, then so be it. TIA.

LOWE'S is by far your best choice. PM me when it arrives and I'll help you install.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Every considered tankless? Especially if you already have the gas lines installed..

If you need a 75 or 80 gallon water heater, a tankless would probably be MUCH more economical.. that's a LOT of water to have stored in a tank and keep hot.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wasn't aware that natural gas was an option in St. Mary's....and that would explain why stores don't stock NG appliances. So there are locales that have NG available?

nutz

I wasn't aware that natural gas was an option in St. Mary's....and that would explain why stores don't stock NG appliances. So there are locales that have NG available?

Maybe the propane ran out and the water heater is still good? :doh:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

We live in the Pembrooke subdivision off Willows, have natural gas plus Metcom water/sewer.

Have a tankless, plenty of hot water for the missus and I, capacity for 3 1/2 baths plus kitchen and laundry. It is vented out the side wall of the basement. Newer condensing units can use PVC for venting, ours has stainless steel.

Last edited:

mus

Every considered tankless? Especially if you already have the gas lines installed..

If you need a 75 or 80 gallon water heater, a tankless would probably be MUCH more economical.. that's a LOT of water to have stored in a tank and keep hot.

I have, but I don't want to spend the extra money. This may not be my forever home.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have, but I don't want to spend the extra money. This may not be my forever home.

It would pay for itself in probably the first year (or less) and add equity to your home at resale..

But your choice, your house. A few of us have tankless, and I for one have been exceptionally happy with ours.

BOP

I'll third that tankless. This is in no way, no how our forever home, but we figure it can't hurt for the resale value alone. ours is one of the newer quietside brand that uses the PVC to intake air and exhaust. Taylor Gas installed ours, and I can't say enough good things about them.

Chrystee

Feel for you! We had to get ours fixed a couple weeks before closing. Luckily we had a home warranty, so we only had to pay $100, but the total was $1200 just to get it fixed!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'll third that tankless. This is in no way, no how our forever home, but we figure it can't hurt for the resale value alone. ours is one of the newer quietside brand that uses the PVC to intake air and exhaust. Taylor Gas installed ours, and I can't say enough good things about them.

Ours is a condensing unit.. no intake, and PVC exhaust.. two burners and RARELY does the second burner come on.. It's a Noritz, propane conversion done by Taylor... it has to be close to 8 years old now.