New pistol

CCW type S&W .38 special. Background check done on a pc done in 15 minutes. Out the door I went with my early Christmas present.

baxter

Congrats,
I have my concealed carry. I always carry a 380in my rear pocket. In addition I have a very nice 357 and 44, cant be to safe these days,,,,

DEEKAYPEE8569

Congrats,
I have my concealed carry. I always carry a 380in my rear pocket. In addition I have a very nice 357 and 44, cant be to safe these days,,,,

To those getting their CCW's.....is this in MD? Are you folks LEO's or has something changed?
Yeah.....I'm clueless. :shrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
To those getting their CCW's.....is this in MD? Are you folks LEO's or has something changed?
Yeah.....I'm clueless. :shrug:

It's not ..or at least was not...too difficult to get a CCW if you own a business and deal with, and have to carry in public, quantities of cash. But then again, I had mine (owned a bar/restaurant/store) almost 20 years ago, things were different.

glhs837

Power with Control
It's not ..or at least was not...too difficult to get a CCW if you own a business and deal with, and have to carry in public, quantities of cash. But then again, I had mine (owned a bar/restaurant/store) almost 20 years ago, things were different.

But those conditions don't apply to a lot of folks.

PeoplesElbow

If you are no longer a business owner are you supposed to give it up?

glhs837

Power with Control
You have to reapply periodically. And if the conditions under which you were approved change, you will be denied, most likely.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you are no longer a business owner are you supposed to give it up?

I'm still a business owner....but not of one where I handle any cash on premises or off... You have to be able to support your claimed need. Frankly, I'm not sure MSP accepts the "cash handling" justification as readily as they once did, preferring that you (the business owner) arm yourself, if you feel the need, inside the boundaries of your business, and that's all. So you can transport a firearm under current law and you can carry one at your place of business under current law..no CCW permit necessary.

But I don't know if that really is the current policy or just anecdotal. Maybe someone who is currently holding a CCW would know more.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
I think it's tied to amount and frequency of cash deposits. Not sure what formula might be used beyond that though.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
From the MSP.org site
What constitutes a good and substantial reason? Based on the guidance provided by the Maryland Public Safety Code, handgun permits may be issued to applicants based on the following circumstances:

1.Owner or employee of a business. You must submit photocopies of the Trader's, Business or Narcotics License or Articles of Incorporation to support Business ownership or as an authorized employee. You must also submit photocopies of six random deposit slips or deposits within a year for the business or a letter from the bank attesting that you have a business account. If you are an employee, you must submit a letter from your employer on the business letter head, verifying your employment and detailing the requirement or desire from the owner that you be armed.

2. Correctional Officers. Must submit verification of employment and documentation of threats and/or assaults (ie., police reports, facility incident reports, and intelligence reports).

3. Former Police Officers. If you have resigned or have retired, you must provide a photocopy of your retired I.D. card (front and back) and produce a letter from your former agency advising that you resigned/retired in good standing, your official resignation/retirement date and how many years of service. NOTE: Permits are issued based on the "immediacy" of the application and years of service.

4. Private Detective/Security Guard/Special Police/Armored Car Guards. All applicants (unless exempt from training) who are employed as Private Detectives, Security Guards, Special Police Officers and Armored Car Guards must submit firearms qualification score sheet obtained from a Maryland State Police Certified Handgun Instructor on the State Police form. A letter from the employing agency which verifies employment and position, the ownership of the weapon, and location where the weapon will be stored when off duty is also required.

5. Personal Protection. There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 118