Can gunmaker be held responsible for Newtown shooting?

mamatutu

mama to two
Absolutely ridiculous. Not surprising considering the world that we live in currently. Good luck with that lawsuit, y'all! Sheesh.

Hijinx

This will settle out of court for an absurd amount of money. Not surprisingly.

Maybe this is part of their healing process.--------------------------------------and again maybe they are looking for a paycheck.

Either way I don't believe they can win. If they do the auto manufacturers better look out.

Pushrod

Patriot
They should also sue Honda for the car used to transport him to the scene of his crime. (I won't write the sh!theads name, he needs to be erased from history).

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
There's no way this goes to court. It's a publicity stunt. You can't sue someone for something that's legal to make and sell, no law was broken.

Amused_despair

We claim that books can be responsible for people sinning, that video games can be responsible for people being violent, that women wearing revealing clothing can be responsible for men raping them, that TV shows can be responsible for corrupting the family values in our own homes so.......

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Did Adam Lanza, the nutter shooter in this case, actually purchase the AR-15 or did his mother? If she purchased it, the retailer is immediately off the hook on this one.

mamatutu

mama to two
Maybe this is part of their healing process.--------------------------------------and again maybe they are looking for a paycheck.

Either way I don't believe they can win. If they do the auto manufacturers better look out.

I agree with your point that it may be part of the healing process. The incident will leave many families devastated for life. I feel my first post here seemed cold to this sad event. I care deeply about what happened in Newtown. I just don't think the lawsuit is viable. We shall see.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Did Adam Lanza, the nutter shooter in this case, actually purchase the AR-15 or did his mother? If she purchased it, the retailer is immediately off the hook on this one.

The rifle was purchased by his mother.

FollowTheMoney

This will go nowhere. Since Bushmaster will be on the defense, it can use all the discovery it can get. From actual evidence collected from the scene. Pictures of the dead. Bullet casings. Bullet fragments. Everything a CSI would have gathered. And since this staged event didn't happen, there will be none. This is why this won't go anywhere. It is a political stunt to keep the "guns are bad we must take them from everybody agenda" in play.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
This will go nowhere. Since Bushmaster will be on the defense, it can use all the discovery it can get. From actual evidence collected from the scene. Pictures of the dead. Bullet casings. Bullet fragments. Everything a CSI would have gathered. And since this staged event didn't happen, there will be none. This is why this won't go anywhere. It is a political stunt to keep the "guns are bad we must take them from everybody agenda" in play.

Really? Staged? Time to put you foil hat back on.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

:lmao: Good one. For a second there, I thought you might have been serious.

PsyOps

Pixelated
We claim that books can be responsible for people sinning, that video games can be responsible for people being violent, that women wearing revealing clothing can be responsible for men raping them, that TV shows can be responsible for corrupting the family values in our own homes so.......

Books, video games, TV shows, movies, etc… all have content that can affect someone’s thinking. A gun does not do this. It just sits there until someone decides to pick it up; and this act of picking it up to use it could have been influenced by something they saw or heard in media.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Maybe it was falsely reported, but I thought the Bushmaster was left in the trunk of the car?

That was initially reported the first day. But the Bushmaster went into the school with the nutter.