"Enhanced" makes it so much better.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Too bad Ambrose Bierce isn't maintaining his Devil's Dictionary any longer.

enhanced.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And I see on the news that 126 kids got an "enhanced education" at their school yesterday. courtesy of those nice Taliban folks. Probably because we aren't being nice enough to them...not showing enough empathy and respect....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And I see on the news that 126 kids got an "enhanced education" at their school yesterday. courtesy of those nice Taliban folks. Probably because we aren't being nice enough to them...not showing enough empathy and respect....

Have to wonder if we have anyone in custody now that knew this attack was coming, but because we didn't say please they didn't offer up the information..

2BRN2B

No Question
Have to wonder if we have anyone in custody now that knew this attack was coming, but because we didn't say please they didn't offer up the information..

Please and thank you are overrated when it comes to these douchebags.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't believe there are people crying, I mean really crying about what was done to these monsters. Are you kidding me?

I never know where people get their weird ideas. I mean, I do know - they get their weird ideas from the media - but even just a hint of common sense would tell them that these are not people who deserve to be treated with respect.

Midnightrider

I never know where people get their weird ideas. I mean, I do know - they get their weird ideas from the media - but even just a hint of common sense would tell them that these are not people who deserve to be treated with respect.

from what i have read about 1/3 of the people at gitmo were determined to not be terrorists. They got tortured too.

Even if they all were terrorists there is right and wrong. Either torture is wrong all the time or it isn't. We dont get to choose that its OK sometimes but not others, like when our enemies do it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
from what i have read about 1/3 of the people at gitmo were determined to not be terrorists. They got tortured too.

I never heard anything like that. Sure would like to read what you read. I've always been immensely disappointed that we didn't torture all of them. A lot.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control

Even if they all were terrorists there is right and wrong. Either torture is wrong all the time or it isn't. We dont get to choose that its OK sometimes but not others, like when our enemies do it.

I'm having a hard time thinking these techniques are torture. Sleep deprivation? Drug up and down a hallway naked? Not seeing that as torture. Being cold? Nope. This is part of the control the language discussion, "Does your wife know you sleep around?" sort of this. "Is it okay to torture" just blows by the question of "Are these techniques torture in the first place"? And I don't think that's settled.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

If they'd just tell CIA what they want to know, they wouldn't be tortured. And you are not that simple, so stop pretending. When we start sawing off the heads of reporters and posting the videos on the internet, THEN we can compare ourselves to them. Some of the crap the media is calling "torture" - hell, I punished my kids worse than that.

Those detainees who "weren't terrorists" are not innocent by any stretch. They were picked up for a reason, and that reason is usually because they hang out with terrorists and harbor them. We either want these people to stop blowing chit up or we don't.

Midnightrider

If they'd just tell CIA what they want to know, they wouldn't be tortured. And you are not that simple, so stop pretending. When we start sawing off the heads of reporters and posting the videos on the internet, THEN we can compare ourselves to them. Some of the crap the media is calling "torture" - hell, I punished my kids worse than that.

Those detainees who "weren't terrorists" are not innocent by any stretch. They were picked up for a reason, and that reason is usually because they hang out with terrorists and harbor them. We either want these people to stop blowing chit up or we don't.

So it wasn't torture.
They deserved it.
even if they didn't deserve it they deserved it.

Do you really think torturing these people is going to reduce the number of terrorists?

ciwmj

You are so right about the weird ideas from the media. I don't know how the media folks sleep at night after spreading the half truths or half lies ,depending on how you look at it. ANYONE who believes in the stories from the mainstream media is gulible. The media is a puppet of the sitting political party and reports exactly what the party wants reported in exactly the light wanted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you really think torturing these people is going to reduce the number of terrorists?

Yep. The consequences of getting caught have to be enormous, though. There will always be some nut who will risk it because they don't care or because, well, they're nuts. But fear of punishment is indeed a deterrent, if the punishment is great enough.

Behavior modification always starts with pain, either physical or psychological.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So it wasn't torture.
They deserved it.
even if they didn't deserve it they deserved it.

Will asking them nicely and saying please make a difference?

They want to kill all of us, beheading preferred.. we HAVE to do what needs to be done to stop them. What's the number of infidels and Christian dead up to now? What number do you have in your head that we should get to before we do what needs to be done? Is 6 Million a good number?

Midnightrider

Yep. The consequences of getting caught have to be enormous, though. There will always be some nut who will risk it because they don't care or because, well, they're nuts. But fear of punishment is indeed a deterrent, if the punishment is great enough.

Behavior modification always starts with pain, either physical or psychological.

"they" are willing to fly themselves into buildings and blow themselves up. All you do is create martyrs.

Midnightrider

Will asking them nicely and saying please make a difference?

They want to kill all of us, beheading preferred.. we HAVE to do what needs to be done to stop them. What's the number of infidels and Christian dead up to now? What number do you have in your head that we should get to before we do what needs to be done? Is 6 Million a good number?

If we have reason to kill them, do it. Have the trial, or whatever and do it. If we are "at war" with them, then kill them in battle. I never said dont stop them