Equipment and construction next to Solomons bridge in Calver

Chrystee

Anyone know what they are doing there? Have they begun to start the new bridge, or is this something else? I searched and didn't see anything..

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The real answer is:

They are beginning construction of the new lower Patuxent River Tunnel that will be replacing the existing Gov Thomas Johnson bridge.

limblips

PREMO Member
They are beginning construction of the new lower Patuxent River Tunnel that will be replacing the existing Gov Thomas Johnson bridge.

Friggin people can't drive over a bridge! Can you imagine the cluster of a tunnel? On second thought, that is something the government would do.......... We need $20M to do 8 or 10 studies to determine if there really is a need to get across the river.

glhs837

Power with Control
Is it gonna have viewports? and a Scenic Underview pullout? that would be cool. Maybe a coin operated claw for grabbing fish?

glhs837

Power with Control
Only in St. Mary's. Not Calvert.

which reminds me, where do the county borders end. I know the MD border ends where dry land begins in VA, but do the county borders end at the waters edge and the state owns the waterway? Inquiring oysters want to know.......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
which reminds me, where do the county borders end. I know the MD border ends where dry land begins in VA, but do the county borders end at the waters edge and the state owns the waterway? Inquiring oysters want to know.......

As I understand it, nearly all the water is the state's if it is tributary to the Potomac, Patuxent and Chesapeake Bay. Not really sure how far upstream that is the case, but considering how much protected watershed land the state has acquired, that point is probably moot.

There are some exceptions locally that I know of...Herring Creek comes to mind..where that is not the case and the shoreline property boundaries extend to some "middle" of the water body.

SG_Player1974

So instead of idiots blocking the TJ Bridge with accidents every other day, they will be blocking up a tunnel?

Nothing to see here...