Crippled by fear

PsyOps

Pixelated
I have no doubt that our country has been rendered incapable of dealing with crisis and potential disaster. It seems with every incident that comes along, our media spins it up until Americans become crippled by fear.

Economic collapse
Shootings
Ebola
Racial tensions
Guns
Hackers threatening terrorist attacks in our theaters

Our enemies now know full-well all they have to do is find something they are outraged about that we are doing and cast threats, and we shut everything down and cower into our homes. Is this our condition for the near future?

Hijinx

I have no doubt that our country has been rendered incapable of dealing with crisis and potential disaster. It seems with every incident that comes along, our media spins it up until Americans become crippled by fear.

Economic collapse
Shootings
Ebola
Racial tensions
Guns

Our enemies now know full-well all they have to do is find something they are outraged about that we are doing and cast threats, and we shut everything down and cower into our homes. Is this our condition for the near future?

Do you suppose it was because we lost American lives in Benghazi because of a movie?

That appears to be their reasoning. Even if it was a lie.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Economic collapse
Shootings
Ebola
Racial tensions
Guns

It is not and was not our enemies. It is what we do to ourselves. They read their Sun Tzu. We do not.

We allowed 9/11 to happen by being too bureaucratic to let the FBI do their job. That is the simple truth. In response, we could not face that simple fact and sounded the alarm, that we SHOULD be afraid. We NEED a TSA! A DHS!! A Patriot Act!! Instead of the good judgment of ONE person showing leadership, we flipped out and took action to create the greatest over reaction in world history.

The economic collapse was more of the same; Panic! Emergency! Call Uncle Sam! He must do SOMETHING!

All of those were on the GOP, the party of 'trust the people' and 'limited gummint'.

Ebola, Christy showed his big government impulses again. I don't recall any GOP'er telling people, besides me, to chill the #### out. And I'm just some big mouth with a keyboard.

Racial tensions. Any GOP'ers tell Al Sharpton to #### off? Any of them call the president a race baiter? An opportunistic hack?

Guns? Any of them call for folks to be able to defend themselves?

It is fine for the left to call for more government. That is their mantra, that the government is THE solution to everything. The GOP is supposed to be the opposition party but, we're not. Not Bush. He was, at every critical juncture, the biggest of big government types. Not McCain, not Boehner, not McConnell, not Rubio, not Cruz, not Huckabee. Not Steele. Not Prebius.

It is not the problem that our enemies say "Boo!" just to see if they can get us to piss ourselves. It is us, especially on the right, who don't say "#### you" when appropriate. We are a party of cowards who no more trust the people than the Dems do. We want Too Big To Fail. We want our Uncle Sam.

For every issue, the GOP should and is supposed to say "How do we help the people deal with this?' We don't. We help big business and believe that that is the way. Big business has ZERO interest in the individual. It's interested in herds to manipulate.

The Clinton years were noteworthy in how they described everything as a crisis. Now, the GOP does it, too. They're supposed to. We're not. Government has a role to play, sometimes a huge one but, if it is not acting in the interest of the middle class, there is no America.

:shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
It is not and was not our enemies. It is what we do to ourselves. They read their Sun Tzu. We do not.

We allowed 9/11 to happen by being too bureaucratic to let the FBI do their job. That is the simple truth. In response, we could not face that simple fact and sounded the alarm, that we SHOULD be afraid. We NEED a TSA! A DHS!! A Patriot Act!! Instead of the good judgment of ONE person showing leadership, we flipped out and took action to create the greatest over reaction in world history.

The economic collapse was more of the same; Panic! Emergency! Call Uncle Sam! He must do SOMETHING!

All of those were on the GOP, the party of 'trust the people' and 'limited gummint'.

Ebola, Christy showed his big government impulses again. I don't recall any GOP'er telling people, besides me, to chill the #### out. And I'm just some big mouth with a keyboard.

Racial tensions. Any GOP'ers tell Al Sharpton to #### off? Any of them call the president a race baiter? An opportunistic hack?

Guns? Any of them call for folks to be able to defend themselves?

It is fine for the left to call for more government. That is their mantra, that the government is THE solution to everything. The GOP is supposed to be the opposition party but, we're not. Not Bush. He was, at every critical juncture, the biggest of big government types. Not McCain, not Boehner, not McConnell, not Rubio, not Cruz, not Huckabee. Not Steele. Not Prebius.

It is not the problem that our enemies say "Boo!" just to see if they can get us to piss ourselves. It is us, especially on the right, who don't say "#### you" when appropriate. We are a party of cowards who no more trust the people than the Dems do. We want Too Big To Fail. We want our Uncle Sam.

For every issue, the GOP should and is supposed to say "How do we help the people deal with this?' We don't. We help big business and believe that that is the way. Big business has ZERO interest in the individual. It's interested in herds to manipulate.

The Clinton years were noteworthy in how they described everything as a crisis. Now, the GOP does it, too. They're supposed to. We're not. Government has a role to play, sometimes a huge one but, if it is not acting in the interest of the middle class, there is no America.

:shrug:

Amen to all of that! :buddies:

The only thing I am saying about our enemies is the message we are sending that we are now easy to threaten, and we will be much easier to attack. We are sitting ducks.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Amen to all of that! :buddies:

The only thing I am saying about our enemies is the message we are sending that we are now easy to threaten, and we will be much easier to attack. We are sitting ducks.

Right but, the power is OURS. Not theirs.

George W. Bush isn't the reason we made all those awful choices. I focus on him because, well, he was the President and the President is supposed to be the leader, the one who exercises but, wise judgment based on our Constitution but, he merely represents a fair number of people and institutions who don't see things through the eyes of actually preserving and defending the Constitution.

I mean, if none of us do, well, at least we share that but, are these the results, how we are these days, we really think best? GOP leaders do what they do because that's what their constituents want. :shrug:

nutz

Right but, the power is OURS. Not theirs. GOP leaders do what they do because that's what their constituents want. :shrug:

Maybe because the people aren't telling them to #### off and die? Maybe because we, even when assaulted (intelligence anyways) turn the other cheek too often (Mac Middleton and the fillibuster vote)?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe because the people aren't telling them to #### off and die? Maybe because we, even when assaulted (intelligence anyways) turn the other cheek too often (Mac Middleton and the fillibuster vote)?

Certainly that is it but, do we all understand that? I mean, you can't blame someone for taking from you if you never say no. The GOP just takes from folks, talks a big game and then does whatever so, there must be enough small government types who love big government?

Hijinx

Fact is we need to go to Capitol Hill with tar an feathers and use them. Thousands upon thousands of us. but it won't happen because we all have jobs and support our families, unlike the liberal rent a mobs. So our politicians cater to the rent a mobs.

This last election proves that we cannot win at the ballot box. The Leadership turns a deaf ear to what we want.
The few elected people who try to keep their campaign promises are soon shut out.

I am surprised the Republican leadership hasn't put out a contract on Gowdy, and Cruz,and Rand Paul.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Dubbya was a good leader. My issue is where he lead us. He certainly didn't fear failure.

Well, this isn't about that. It's about a nation - a very powerful nation - rendered nearly incapacitated by second-rate nations and global thugs. Sony ate $44 million from the movie and potentially hundreds of millions at the box office due to fear. There is nothing stopping any group or thuggish country from finding something to threaten us with. This is potentially an economic collapse in the making.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well, this isn't about that.

Fair enough; What did you mean by this? "A leader that doesn't lead typically doesn't out of fear of failure."

Obama is leading. Not many wanna follow and he sure isn't afraid of failure. Boehner is leading. The GOP is following.

So, what are we talking about?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Fair enough; What did you mean by this? "A leader that doesn't lead typically doesn't out of fear of failure."

Obama is leading. Not many wanna follow and he sure isn't afraid of failure. Boehner is leading. The GOP is following.

So, what are we talking about?

I don’t think Obama considers what he is doing as failure. He wants to FUNDAMENTALLY transform this country; and he is doing just that. Success! We just think that because all of these things that have gone wrong – Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS, NSA, etc… - are failures, when I happen to think they are calculated ‘failures’ in order mold his progressive agenda. From that sense Obama is leading the progressive movement in the very direction he wants it to go.

I’m not talking about leadership. Money deflected with that. It seems with everything that goes wrong we react with extreme measures, cowering in the corner hoping our response will appease them. We fear our government (NSA, IRS, DOJ, etc…), the cops, guns, airports… Now, I suppose movie makers, book writers, television are all weighing what they put out there might anger some obscure terrorist group. Anything and everything can now be used to anger someone and use that as a means to threaten us. They know we will pack it up and leave town. Look at what Sony is doing… they are wiping any and every evidence that this movie even existed. The terrorists won. Now we just sit back and wait for the next one to hit us. The economic impact is potentially enormous.

This is not only about how our leadership is responding to these things; it's about how the people are responding.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don’t think Obama considers what he is doing as failure. He wants to FUNDAMENTALLY transform this country; and he is doing just that. Success! .

Where does this idea keep coming from that Barack Obama wants anything more than self aggrandizement???? He did not give two ####s what went into the ACA just so long as it got done. He does not care who is exempt just so long as it gets done. FDR at least can be said to have had an idea in mind, never mind if it was good or not but, the ACA, Obamacare is an utter failure because government can NOT provide quality and service ANYTHING at lower prices. It just can't. That's not a judgement. It is a simple observation. FDR didn't call it the 'Affordable Retirement Insurance Act'. He called it Social Security and government CAN do that, run a ponzi scheme and hand out money but, that doesn't deliver a single good or service let alone affordably.

Obama is simply a malignant narcissist. Nothing more and nothing less. He wanted Obama-care which is little more than formalizing the government mess that got us to him on health care. He has no ideology or trans-formative ideas or plans with it that "Me, me, me, me, me, me, me!!!!"

The Patriot Act is transformative. So is the TSA and so is the DHS. And so, for damn sure, is TARP.

Obama is NOT an ideologue. His words may lead you to believe otherwise but, there is ZERO evidence of that in his actions. :shrug:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Sony was bad. Worse is coming.

CNN's headline.

GUN LAW OVERTURNED: US court deems firearm rule unconstitutional

The headline on FOX

PsyOps

Pixelated
Sony was bad. Worse is coming.

CNN's headline.

GUN LAW OVERTURNED: US court deems firearm rule unconstitutional

The headline on FOX

Another headline on Fox:

Intel report: North Korea planned attacks on US nuclear plants

North Korea dispatched covert commando teams to the United States in the 1990s to attack nuclear power plants and major cities in a conflict, according to a declassified Defense Intelligence Agency report.

The DIA report, dated Sept. 13, 2004, reveals that five units of covert commandos were trained for the attacks inside the country.

According to the report, the "Reconnaissance Bureau, North Korea, had agents in place to attack American nuclear power plants."

Fox is dredging up a report that is 10 years old of an incident that is 24 years old. Really?

PsyOps

Pixelated
I saw that one also, scratched my head over it. Not even sure why they'd bring it up except to say "we reported it first since this other crap happened"

Because, just like the other networks, Fox is in the practice of fear mongering. It's good for ratings to get people scared to death.